Weidman: 3rd fight with Silva an 'easy payday'

As much of a Silva fan I am and would love to see him with his belt back. Chris would win again, imagine having 3 wins over Anderson Silva. Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeit. Phone Post 3.0

Silva lost because he got arrogant and disinterested over a long tenure with the belt. Weidman just started his reign, and is already arrogant af. I see a slice of humble pie coming his way soon, much the same way as it came for one of my favorite fighters in Silva. Just when you start thinking it's getting too easy, life usually steps it up and throws you a curveball. Or in Silva's case, a double up left hand. Phone Post 3.0

What a disrespectful ass. I love how people say things like "so so and so is a cocksucker, with all due respect". Silva will be a millionaire and remembered by the real fans long after Weidman has retired and is pumping gas and washing windshields for a living.

Weidman is nowhere near as cocky and arrogant as Silva.

Silva's been like that for years.

So why is Silva liked more again?

iwatchsomemma - Weidman is nowhere near as cocky and arrogant as Silva.

American fans for the most part are front runners- they like whoever is winning. Silva was what- 17-0 inside the octagon before Weidman crushed him? They hated him after the Cote and Leites fights, all of a sudden loved him after the Forrest fight, hated him again after the Maia fight, then we're all over his nuts after the comeback win in the Sonnen fight and the front kick to Vitor. Phone Post 3.0

The spider has learned not to take his opponents lightly, well I hope be did Phone Post 3.0

iwatchsomemma - Weidman is nowhere near as cocky and arrogant as Silva.

When did Silva say that Rich Franklin was an easy payday? Silva did his antics in the cage but he never trash talked like that outside of the fight.... Phone Post 3.0

^The difference is that Silva hadn't fought those opponents yet.

Weidman beat Silva twice so he has a right to say what he said.

^Silva wouldn't say 'ill fight rich franklin' for an easy payday. Phone Post 3.0

eljamaiquino -
ThickS0lid N Right -
chawkins - MotherFUCKER.

Weidman gets 2 fluky-as-hell wins and has the nerve to call the GOAT an "easy payday"? He hasn't legitimately beaten Silva even once, IMO.

I wasn't a fan of the kid before, but now I'm actively rooting against him.
This Phone Post 3.0
Chris going on the Bones path to being a heel. He can't even accumulate some fan coin before he throws it away with some dick like quote.... Phone Post 3.0
The only people who think it was a dick thing to say are butthurt silva fanboys. Phone Post 3.0

jitsnbeer - Chris is one of those guys that is the worst style matchup for Silva. So yeah I would think Chris can beat him again without too much problem.
What style is that? Being great at everything?

I'm pretty sure that style would b bad matchup for anyone. Phone Post 3.0

man after Diaz whoops Silva, a third match with Andy and Weidman will be unthinkable. just set up Silva Franklin 3 for a double retirement match.

VinegarStrokes -
eljamaiquino -
ThickS0lid N Right -
chawkins - MotherFUCKER.

Weidman gets 2 fluky-as-hell wins and has the nerve to call the GOAT an "easy payday"? He hasn't legitimately beaten Silva even once, IMO.

This Phone Post 3.0
Chris going on the Bones path to being a heel. He can't even accumulate some fan coin before he throws it away with some dick like quote.... Phone Post 3.0
The only people who think it was a dick thing to say are butthurt silva fanboys. Phone Post 3.0
I actually think he had 1 legit win but it's a still a dick thing to say. Phone Post 3.0

jiujitsumstr - 
Erik_in_559 - Yea i think he's right.. Chris never looked anywhere near close to being in any kind of trouble in either fight, and he was kicking his ass worse in the second fight then he did in the first.. Anderson has had a great career, and maybe he has more to give... But weidman has his number Phone Post 3.0

Wow. Memory isn't one of your better qualities eh?

Please, tell us when Anderson had Weidman in trouble.

I'm not saying Weidman wouldn't beat Anderson in a normal fight. Anderson's reflexes and chin are not the same, and the way Weidman brilliantly shut down Machida, I think he would beat Anderson. HOWEVER, the first two fights are absolute fucking anomalies. If Chris Weidman had any fucking self-respect, he wouldn't brag about that shit. Freak outcomes. Anderson Silva did things in that division that nobody has ever don in the history of the sport.

I fucking HATE the younger guys who take all the credit when they beat a legend who clearly has deteriorated with age. Phone Post 3.0

rafael_collado - I'm not saying Weidman wouldn't beat Anderson in a normal fight. Anderson's reflexes and chin are not the same, and the way Weidman brilliantly shut down Machida, I think he would beat Anderson. HOWEVER, the first two fights are absolute fucking anomalies. If Chris Weidman had any fucking self-respect, he wouldn't brag about that shit. Freak outcomes. Anderson Silva did things in that division that nobody has ever don in the history of the sport.

I fucking HATE the younger guys who take all the credit when they beat a legend who clearly has deteriorated with age. Phone Post 3.0
It seems like you, and a lot of ppl in this thread, are under the impression that Weidman said "Yeah I'd fight Silva again! Easy win and easy money! He was always overrated, and now he flat out sucks since he's old!"

When, in reality, what happened was, when responding to a question about fighting Silva, a guy in the crowd said "Easy money?" And Weidman responded "Hah....yeah, pretty much."

Not nearly as bad. Definitely didn't warrant the things you said. Personally, I like the humble guys to...but if you are fighting at the highest level in this sport, mentally you HAVE to believe you are the baddest man on the planet. So I can excuse a little arrogance or cockiness. And Weidman's remark really wasn't that arrogant or cocky. Certainly not as bad as some of you are trying to spin it. Phone Post 3.0

rafael_collado - I'm not saying Weidman wouldn't beat Anderson in a normal fight. Anderson's reflexes and chin are not the same, and the way Weidman brilliantly shut down Machida, I think he would beat Anderson. HOWEVER, the first two fights are absolute fucking anomalies. If Chris Weidman had any fucking self-respect, he wouldn't brag about that shit. Freak outcomes. Anderson Silva did things in that division that nobody has ever don in the history of the sport.

It's very strange that after Anderson gave arguably the most god-like performance of his career (his utter decimation of Bonnar), his skills suddenly deteriorated - and it corresponded perfectly with his first UFC loss.

You could see GSP's skills fading before the Hendricks fight. He was not the same fighter versus CC and Diaz that he was against Johnny. We knew Fedor was fading based on the AA and Rogers fights.

Anderson was not fading. He's the best fighter ever. But Weidman beat him twice and is a nightmare matchup for him.

Weidman is right. 

There was a lot of argument for the first fight being a fluke.  One could say Silva clowned too much and just didn't take Chris seriously and paid the price. 

But the second fight Silva knew what kind of threat he was.  He knew Chris wasn't going to fall for the clowning trick and had plenty of time to prepare for a winning strategy.  He got clowned worse the second time around by getting KO'd in the muay thai plum before wrecking his leg into Bolivia with a checked kick.  The Vegas odds for a third fight would probably be +1000 for Chris.

jiujitsumstr -
Erik_in_559 - Yea i think he's right.. Chris never looked anywhere near close to being in any kind of trouble in either fight, and he was kicking his ass worse in the second fight then he did in the first.. Anderson has had a great career, and maybe he has more to give... But weidman has his number Phone Post 3.0

Wow. Memory isn't one of your better qualities eh?
What am i forgetting? Phone Post 3.0

District 22 -
chawkins - MotherFUCKER.

This /thread

Hopefully Andy sees this and it lights a fire.... Phone Post 3.0
Aww two retards unite. Phone Post 3.0