Weidman: 3rd fight with Silva an 'easy payday'

NFABeeJay - He's right in a way. With all the "fluke" shit aside, he proved excellence by beating Machida at 85. He's headstrong,not afraid to grind and get dirty. Mind games and flashy moves don't phase him, whereas in the past those same games have caused other fighters to crumble. Phone Post 3.0
This. If Sonnen had good sub defense he'd still be the guy to dethrone Filho in the WEC (first fight) and Andy (in the first fight as well). Result would probably still be the same in their rematch, Silva came in better prepared.

That said, Chris is probably right. He'll be holding his belt for a long time. Phone Post 3.0

Kelvin Gastelum fan - 
da Vinci 81 - 
Lite - While stylistically Chris matches up well against Silva, the real issue is that Silva is done and he was done before their first match. Phone Post 3.0

lol, ok. Amazing how his loss coincides perfectly with him being past his prime. Impossible to think that Weidman could actually be better than him, right?

Except people started saying he was slowing down since the Okami fight.

No they didn't. Almost no one said that, and in fact after the Bonnar fight - one of the most impressive of his career - most people were still talking about how he was still getting better even in his late thirties.

Had silva not played around like an idiot in the 1st fight chris wouldve been done. The look on his face was that of a perplexed frustrated challenger. Denying that is to b a blind nutthugger.

That being said, he's now in silvas head. To brutal losses even if they werent to chris has taken a toll on silva plus age is a very real factor.

Unfortunately silva robbed us of truly seeing who's better by clowning. Chris is legit though. His win over machida is proof Phone Post 3.0

Butthurt levels over 9000 in this thread!

Silva played around in the first because that's how he counters- he tried to get you pissed off and not thinking straight so that he could catch you. This wasn't the first time he disrespected an opponent inside the cage by any means. It was just the first time someone made him pay. Phone Post 3.0

kingkoopa - Had silva not played around like an idiot in the 1st fight chris wouldve been done. The look on his face was that of a perplexed frustrated challenger. Denying that is to b a blind nutthugger.

That being said, he's now in silvas head. To brutal losses even if they werent to chris has taken a toll on silva plus age is a very real factor.

Unfortunately silva robbed us of truly seeing who's better by clowning. Chris is legit though. His win over machida is proof Phone Post 3.0
These are the best.

"if Silva wasn't doing what he does in EVERY fight he would have killed Chris".

lol. At no point was Weidman discouraged. In fact during all of this he dropped his hands and put his forehead on Silva's fist. That's not the act of a discouraged fighter. Phone Post 3.0

I think Chris always comes across as arrogant. Confidence is needed but some of the stuff he says is douchey even. I was waiting to see how he would do in the Machida fight to judge him because no matter what anyone says the Silva fights were not a real test. Silva always started slow unless a guy comes right at him and he counters with a good shot or two. He beat Machida in a good match but I doubnt he will hold the belt for near as long as he thinks he will. Very sklilled fighter though.

da Vinci 81 -
Lite - While stylistically Chris matches up well against Silva, the real issue is that Silva is done and he was done before their first match. Phone Post 3.0

lol, ok. Amazing how his loss coincides perfectly with him being past his prime. Impossible to think that Weidman could actually be better than him, right?
That's what I think. There was no sign or talk that silva was slowing down till after weidman beat him. Since then his only fight is another loss to weidman.
You can't judge where silva is still till he fights someone else. My guess is he still has it but Chris just has his number Phone Post 3.0

awesome,would like to see a 3rd one,hopefully with Nog-Mir 3 right before it.

chawkins - MotherFUCKER.

Weidman gets 2 fluky-as-hell wins and has the nerve to call the GOAT an "easy payday"? He hasn't legitimately beaten Silva even once, IMO.

I wasn't a fan of the kid before, but now I'm actively rooting against him.

OH GOD NO, NOT CHAWKINS. WHAT WILL THE WORLD DO NOW THAT CHAWKINS IS ACTIVELY ROOTING AGAINST WEIDMAN?!?!

I always picked Weidman to beat Silva and do think he would win a third fight but wtf?

Show some respect and remain humble Phone Post 3.0

I will always respect Silva since he is a bad mofo but Weidman is right. They fought for 4 rounds and Weidman won all 4 rounds and finished him in two of them. Even the fight were Silva broke his leg it was not like he was winning any part of the fight before that. Even if they did fight again Silva's confidence would be so low going into this.

At this point in their careers, he's right. He could have answered in a less condescending way though. He kinda sounds like a dick with that response.

Some still use the "clowning" excuse when he's been like that for years and winning and made him spectacular and dominant coz he was playing with his opponents?

That's sad.

And for who said JDS's win over Cain was comparable, wasn't Cain hurt before the fight?
Silva was fully prepared wasn't he?
Then it's not the same.

Weidman > Silva.

suspiciouslyofficial - I still think we havnt seen the real silva fight him. I know I'm gonna get trashed for that, but I really think that.

1st fight everyone said he got caught when he was playing.

2nd fight he broke his leg

I think silva was playing with him in the first fight and could easily have beat him.

I don't think Weidman is a legit champ. Phone Post 3.0

You forgot that part in the second fight where Weidman floored Silva with hook from the clinch. We've never seen Silva rocked like that.

The second fight would have been more flukey if Weidman broke a leg since he was winning the fight pretty handily.

chawkins - MotherFUCKER.

Weidman gets 2 fluky-as-hell wins and has the nerve to call the GOAT an "easy payday"? He hasn't legitimately beaten Silva even once, IMO.

I wasn't a fan of the kid before, but now I'm actively rooting against him.
When did he beat fedor twice ? Phone Post 3.0

Weidman has fought Anderson Silva twice and has never been in danger of losing. He has been winning for every second of both their fights.

Saying this is reasonable.

MattyJ - Silva is no mans easy pay day, Weidman clearly was winning both fights but there was a question mark over both finishes, in the 2nd fight I really thought we were about to see Silva let loose when the break happened Phone Post 3.0

This.

Sure Weidman dominated every aspect of their first fight.

But let's look at the second one. After Weidman took Silva down and punished him, after Weidman ate Silva up in the clinch, and after Weidman reduced Silva's striking game to wild low kicks with no set ups, I thought Silva was about to let loose.

Unfortunately an injury prevented Silva from doing that.

TMT -
MattyJ - Silva is no mans easy pay day, Weidman clearly was winning both fights but there was a question mark over both finishes, in the 2nd fight I really thought we were about to see Silva let loose when the break happened Phone Post 3.0

This.

Sure Weidman dominated every aspect of their first fight.

But let's look at the second one. After Weidman took Silva down and punished him, after Weidman ate Silva up in the clinch, and after Weidman reduced Silva's striking game to wild low kicks with no set ups, I thought Silva was about to let loose.

Unfortunately an injury prevented Silva from doing that.
Yeah, because you guys "thought" he was going to let loose means he was right? Or that letting loose would have even been successful for him? Maybe he would have gotten knocked out again had the injury not happened. The maybe game means jack shit.

Flukes have to be proven by actually dominating the guy who KO'd you before. Like GSP/Serra 2 and Cain/JDS 2 and 3. Silva didn't do anything in either fight. Phone Post 3.0

da Vinci 81 -
Kelvin Gastelum fan - 
da Vinci 81 - 

Except people started saying he was slowing down since the Okami fight.

No they didn't. Almost no one said that, and in fact after the Bonnar fight - one of the most impressive of his career - most people were still talking about how he was still getting better even in his late thirties.
The Bonnar fight was a squash match. Who was impressed by that? Phone Post 3.0