Weidman: I'd still beat him again

How disrespectful that he thinks he can beat Anderson!

-delusional anderson nuthugger Phone Post 3.0

BuddyRevell - 

Makes me wonder, what was Anderson's last fight in which he did not do his hands-down Matrix thing? Will he completely abandon it if they have that rematch?

It was exactly two fights ago against Chael. And then two fights before that against Vitor. And then the fight before that against Chael again.

Which is weird because lots here have swallowed without question someone's (probably goku's) bizarre hypothesis that it's Anderson's only way of defending the takedown and thus if he hadn't done it, he'd just have been taken down and pounded out. Yet he didn't do it against Chael in either fight, despite Chael having more takedown success -- and more keep-down success -- than Weidman; he didn't do it against Henderson, who took him down at the opening of the fight and kept him down the whole round and tried to take him down again in the second. In fact he has really only done it against Bonnar, whom he did not fear standing and whose takedowns he had zero concern for, and maybe Okami (ditto). He clowned against Maia and Leites, but again only after they had shown they had nothing for him standing and could not take him down, and that was general clowning, not "I'm going to stand here with my hands down and you go ahead and take 50 free punches at my face".

The idea that Anderson always does this out of fear of takedowns, or that he "always" does it at all, are just plain wrong.

Braziliant - Good, i hope Chris keeps talking shit. That's what gets under Silva's skin, and it will motivate him. Ask Chael.

How is he talking shit?

Nucky -

Anderson comes in with his guard up and puts Weedies to sleep in 2 rounds or less guarenteed.

You said some shit like this about a week ago, too.

Weidman will beat Silva again, if they even fight. Phone Post 3.0

ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh - 
Braziliant - Good, i hope Chris keeps talking shit. That's what gets under Silva's skin, and it will motivate him. Ask Chael.

How is he talking shit?

Because many posters here are now morons. They talked shit about Weidman BEFORE the fight because he said he was going to beat Anderson, posters were offended that Weidman would even think that.

Somehow people are still offended that Weidman would attempt to think he would beat Anderson, even though he just knocked Silva the fuck out in the 2nd round, and wrestlefucked him in the 1st.

When Weidman wins again, these people will still think there is no way Weidman beats Silva if they fought a 3rd time. This is becoming 100x worse than the motivated Penn BS.

Kinkle -
ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh - 

How is he talking shit?

Because many posters here are now morons. They talked shit about Weidman BEFORE the fight because he said he was going to beat Anderson, posters were offended that Weidman would even think that.

Somehow people are still offended that Weidman would attempt to think he would beat Anderson, even though he just knocked Silva the fuck out in the 2nd round, and wrestlefucked him in the 1st.

When Weidman wins again, these people will still think there is no way Weidman beats Silva if they fought a 3rd time. This is becoming 100x worse than the motivated Penn BS.
Nailed it Phone Post 3.0

God, these silva nut huggers have become the worse of the nut huggers Phone Post 3.0

BuddyRevell -

Makes me wonder, what was Anderson's last fight in which he did not do his hands-down Matrix thing? Will he completely abandon it if they have that rematch?

I hope so. Phone Post 3.0

Affliction Blackbelt - lol'd hard at all these "chris would smash him again"...."weidman would finish 10/10" comments

It is the same old brain washed by 1 fight phenomenon. After a win/loss people completely forget who the fighter is.

JDS loses to Cain and suddenly Hunto will sleep him, Barnett will sub him etc... Suddenly he is just less relevant...all because of 1 loss?

It is the same deal here. Silva loses and its like you forget who he even is. The rematch would only happen if Silva wanted it, and in that instance there's a good chance he wouldn't stuff around come fight time.

Could Weidman win? Of course. He is mentally very sharp and his skills need no explanation. However it is Anderson Silva, who among various achievements made hendo pull guard and clean KO'd vitor.

The rematch is nothing certain, and the people who assert it is are likely the same people who thought Serra would smash GSP again.

Nailed it! Voted up Phone Post 3.0

Phisher -
Zed Wayne Zed - 
BuddyRevell - 

Great point.

At first I thought, "Nah, he's learned his lesson."

But then I got thinking about Andy's ego, and pride.

Now I feel we would in fact do the same thing, just not balancing on his heels against a guy like Chris.

Chris has two back-to-back badass finishes now.

That Silva KO will be his crowning achievement, just due to the nature of the man that was on the end of it, and how he ended a 16-fight winning streak that will probably never again be seen in MMA. (Barring Jones continuing to rumble on.)

If it weren't for Mazzagatti, Jones would be on a 13 fight streak right now.

No jones defiantly was doing illegal things and it wasn't the first or only time. Phone Post

Mad Dangler -
Phisher -
Zed Wayne Zed - 
BuddyRevell - 

Great point.

At first I thought, "Nah, he's learned his lesson."

But then I got thinking about Andy's ego, and pride.

Now I feel we would in fact do the same thing, just not balancing on his heels against a guy like Chris.

Chris has two back-to-back badass finishes now.

That Silva KO will be his crowning achievement, just due to the nature of the man that was on the end of it, and how he ended a 16-fight winning streak that will probably never again be seen in MMA. (Barring Jones continuing to rumble on.)

If it weren't for Mazzagatti, Jones would be on a 13 fight streak right now.

No jones defiantly was doing illegal things and it wasn't the first or only time. Phone Post

Hi hater

Jones > silva Phone Post 3.0

He probably take him down for the biggest part of the fight and grind out a decision.

I do not think that Silva would get into his head anymore with the antics.

I am still a little surprised that he Weidman decided to play along with the silliness and really stopped going after the take-down with any urgency.

Anderson might still be the greatest of all time (until JbJ crushes his record ) but he obviously is getting older.

He might still win and there might be less antics but i personally think he got so worked up because Weidman got him down in the first and Silva did not like it at all.

Either way i be happy with the rematch. Weidman either will be crowned the middleweight champion with a little less criticsm or Silva will redeem himself and we will get the superfight between him and JBJ.

CapnKindBud - I felt all along that Silva would need a ko to win. He tried to. He tried a lot of his moves and even tried the Vitor kick. Weidman was just ready for his strikes and just wasn't allowing Silva to get off.
Silva started clowning when he really figured out that he couldnt be on the ground with Weidman. I believe that I even saw Weidman stick his chin out and LET Andy punch him!
Silva can't knock Chris out. And it's obvious that Chris can knock Silva out. Andy has to surprise KO people he isn't a power striker by any means. I see Weidman taking the rematch. And I could also see it not happening for one reason or another.....But if it does happen, I'll be watching!!!

Yes. He was throwing all of his matrix strikes but couldn't hit Weidman at all. On the record, this was the first time Silva fought a MW with a longer reach and couldn't connect with shit, coincidence?

Affliction Blackbelt - lol'd hard at all these "chris would smash him again"...."weidman would finish 10/10" comments

It is the same old brain washed by 1 fight phenomenon. After a win/loss people completely forget who the fighter is.

JDS loses to Cain and suddenly Hunto will sleep him, Barnett will sub him etc... Suddenly he is just less relevant...all because of 1 loss?

It is the same deal here. Silva loses and its like you forget who he even is. The rematch would only happen if Silva wanted it, and in that instance there's a good chance he wouldn't stuff around come fight time.

Could Weidman win? Of course. He is mentally very sharp and his skills need no explanation. However it is Anderson Silva, who among various achievements made hendo pull guard and clean KO'd vitor.

The rematch is nothing certain, and the people who assert it is are likely the same people who thought Serra would smash GSP again.

I don't think any rational person thought Serra would smash GSP again. If you can't see this is different I don't know what to tell you. I don't agree with the weidman finishes him 10 out of 10 stuff but he's the favorite in a rematch. Many felt he was the favorite for this fight. It's not a knock on Anderson it is just he's getting older and this kid is really really good. Look at weidman's last two fights he ran through Munoz in the first and knocked out Anderson Silva. This kid ain't fucking around.

ophusker - 
Affliction Blackbelt - lol'd hard at all these "chris would smash him again"...."weidman would finish 10/10" comments

I don't think any rational person thought Serra would smash GSP again. If you can't see this is different I don't know what to tell you. I don't agree with the weidman finishes him 10 out of 10 stuff but he's the favorite in a rematch. Many felt he was the favorite for this fight. It's not a knock on Anderson it is just he's getting older and this kid is really really good. Look at weidman's last two fights he ran through Munoz in the first and knocked out Anderson Silva. This kid ain't fucking around.

how is weidman the favorite in the rematch?  guys who get paid tons of money to do this for a living have made Anderson the favorite (check the current betting line).

you wanna know why Anderson is still the favorite?  because weidman was only able to take him down once.  and The linemakers are asking themselves what the fuck is weidman gonna do when Anderson keeps his hands up in the rematch?

Affliction Blackbelt - 
CapnKindBud - I felt all along that Silva would need a ko to win. He tried to. He tried a lot of his moves and even tried the Vitor kick. Weidman was just ready for his strikes and just wasn't allowing Silva to get off.
Silva started clowning when he really figured out that he couldnt be on the ground with Weidman. I believe that I even saw Weidman stick his chin out and LET Andy punch him!
Silva can't knock Chris out. And it's obvious that Chris can knock Silva out. Andy has to surprise KO people he isn't a power striker by any means. I see Weidman taking the rematch. And I could also see it not happening for one reason or another.....But if it does happen, I'll be watching!!!

This is one of the worst posts I've seen.

- "Anderson isn't a power striker by any means"

Great input. Silva clearly has pillow fists, that is why he is always finishing his opponents.

He finishes people mainly due to accuracy and technique, not raw power.

He's never been a particularly powerful striker. He doesn't one punch KO people. Not saying Andy's strikes don't hurt, they do, but that's mainly because his technique is (usually) very good.

Great post, it's insane how quickly people forget Silva's achievements.

I love AS but think time is catching up. Noone is invincible, same thing will happen to JBJ and GSP

I just hope to see GSP vs Anderson before he hangs them up

Weidman will also win the rematch imo

KingofBJJ - 
FullyLoadedFists - 

Chris Weidman will be champion for a long long time. Phone Post

You'd better hope so. Going 10-0 as MW champion are big shoes to fill.

not every champ is going to go 10-0.you sound sad and supid.that being said,if he fought the same ten ppl as silva he goes 8-2 at worst, but probably 10-0.

Harold_Howard - God, these silva nut huggers have become the worse of the nut huggers Phone Post 3.0

chael,diaz, and penn huggers are fucking hard to beat for the worse huggers,but the last month up until now the andy huggers have def won the title of most stupid and delusional...never thought they could surpass chael huggers,but they have all def went full retard.