Werdum, Abreu, Kuniev and Delija all recently beat Ferreira

I don’t think its likely Ferreira does well vs Ngannou unless Ngannou doesn’t really show up.

PFL will try to promote Ngannou vs Ferreira as some big deal this fall but the reality is Ferreira just lost to those four fighters over the past three years.

The Werdum fight was officially a no contest because the ref didn’t see Ferreira’s taps.

Abreu and Kuniev pissed hot after both winning decisions over Ferreira.

Delija TKOed Ferreira and won the season last year but has been injured.

Delija went 4-0 and was the 2022 PFL champ but has been out with injury after going 1-0 in the 2023 season.

The PFL/Bellator HW division is somewhat interesting now with Ngannou, Nemkov, Moldavsky, Ferreira, Delija, Gotsov, Isaev, Fortune but it depends on what fights get booked in what promotion.

I’d love to see Nemkov in the PFL tournament this year.

Bader had recently lost 2x at LHW and got TKOed 2x and his recent wins were over 46 and 47 year old HWs so to me, despite the marketing, Bader vs Ferreira was not some huge HW fight, historically speaking between two champs running through everyone, not at all.

3 Likes

Agreed, however if Renan pulls off the upset the PFl might as well close up shop. Guatantee’ing a $2mm payment plus whatever to Ngannou is insane based on yesterdays results.

I just checked that fight. I bet Ferreira regrets tapping. He legitimately TKO-ed Werdum.

I would not count that one as a loss.

It’ll be interesting how Francis handles someone bigger than him. At 85", he’s got a longer reach than Ngannou’s 83". But Francis won’t have to worry about the ground so he’ll be able to fully swing away.

1 Like

He legitimately TKOd him after tapping the fuck out, and continuing to fight. lol…… on what planet can you not consider that a loss?

2 Likes

So its ok to tapout in MMA? Is that like the new way to win? No, its the definition of losing in MMA. You tapout, you lose.

1 Like

You are talking to the guy who said he likes press conferences more than fights and needs drama to enjoy the sport so I would not try to reason with the man on this.

Did Werdum let go after he tapped out? From the video it looks like the fight continues. Werdum locks the triangle and keeps squeezing until Ferreira pummels him with punches until a semi-TKO-ed Werdum let’s go.

The ref did not help him and make Werdum let go.

At what point did he tap?

They literally replayed it in slow motion, troll.

2 Likes

Francis couldn’t even be bothered to do a face off…15% chance this fight ever happens

The replay made it even more clear that Ferreira won.

Dung heap you are.

1 Like

That ref was an absolute cunt.

1 Like