Werdum "This is MMA, not K-1. Y He Not...."

Fabrcio Werdum talks about the fight with Overeem. Shares his side of the fight and what he would do differently for the 3rd fight.  "maybe next time i eat the same breakfast as overeem.."

video

Thanks Aaron good interview.

brahmabull81 - What a moron. This is mma. You need to PUT them on the ground in mma. The neutral position is NOT on the ground, why doesnt Werdumb understand that?

He does and was trying takedowns. My advice is he needs a hardcore wrestling camp. If his jitz is: if I get top position I win then he needs to develop better wrestling and he already has ok striking to get close enough to shoot.

If he fails to master takedowns I see him floundering.

brahmabull81 - What a moron. This is mma. You need to PUT them on the ground in mma. The neutral position is NOT on the ground, why doesnt Werdumb understand that?

This.  So fucking stupid it doesn't even deserve a response.

This is MMA, not zhoo zhitzoo.  If you want someone to pajama wrassle with you, either go do BJJ professionally or get some better takedowns because the act of flopping like a dead fish every time a fist gets near you is old.

OriginalTUFer - I do agree that inactive standup fighters should be put into a neutral position on the ground, though. Or there should be no standups for inactivity.

MMA is supposed to be a simulated fight.  Every fight I've ever been in or seen has started standing up.

jjj2121 - 

This is MMA, not zhoo zhitzoo.  If you want someone to pajama wrassle with you, either go do BJJ professionally or get some better takedowns because the act of flopping like a dead fish every time a fist gets near you is old.

If werdum does not develop sick wrestling skills as a result of this last fight OR TRY DESPERATELY...then he and his camp are retarded. 

Despite being a Muay Thai black belt, LOL, he is never going to be knocking people out and who is stupid enough to stay in his gaurd voluntarily....

Well besides him not many.

Werdum change your Brazillian background, move to Poland become Polish for a few years then beg this man to forgive your original Brazillian background and teach you how to wrestle

If you flop the the ground every time a guy moves forward and cant sniff a takedown why the hell should the guy be forced to go into your guard?

I have no problems with eliminating standups due to inactivity but buttflopping should always lead to you being stood back up if the other guys has no interest in volunteering to enter your guard, totally ridiculous that Werdum is even trying to argue this.

Didn't you guys hear him say it was his fault for doing that and that next time he is going to practice his wrestling and be able to take it down instead of pulling guard?

4later Phone Post

ttt

overeem did fight him on the ground for a few minutes.....

FrankMirFan - 

He does and was trying takedowns. My advice is he needs a hardcore wrestling camp. If his jitz is: if I get top position I win then he needs to develop better wrestling and he already has ok striking to get close enough to shoot.

If he fails to master takedowns I see him floundering.

Actually he needs to use the takedowns he used on Brandon Vera....

jjj2121 - 

You are right about Werdum being an idiot about this...but why did you have to take this as an opportunity to hate on Jiu Jitsu ? "zhoo zhitzoo" "pajama wrassle" ?? WTF being blatant jiu jitsu hater is fucking gay and stupid...All the styles have their place and work, grow up.

OriginalTUFer - Right. This is MMA, not BJJ.

If MMA started with one guy atop the other on the ground, then Verdoom has a point.

Fights start standing up, though.

Werdum definitely needs to work on his takedowns....

I'm a big fan of his, but it's getting tiring hearing him whine about people not fighting on the ground with him.

He did the same "buttscoot and motion to get on the ground" against Sergei too

^^^im pretty sure he said it was his fault and he needs to improve wrestling/takedowns.

ttt

"get in my guard! this is mma!"