Werdum VS Jones

SurgicalGloves - 
orcus - I don't get why people think that Jones can manhandle one 225lb guy after another, including champion wrestlers, but for some reason he'll be helpless when he fights a guy who weighs 232-236 just because that guy has chosen to fight at heavyweight. Phone Post 3.0
Did anyone say he would be helpless?

Jesus fucking Christ, you are argumentative simply for the sake of it more often than not. Phone Post 3.0

Well this certainly implies helplessness: "Werdum would embarass Jones. It wouldn't be close. "

Also, comments like this one "Realistically, I think we need to see Jones actually fight a heavyweight fight before we start speculating that he would beat the HW champ" imply that there is something special about a guy who is a "heavyweight" even if he barely heavier than the guys at 205. Or "HW is a whole nother animal".

Werdum has 1" more listed reach than Shogun and Glover and only 2" more than Rashad. He's still at a 7" deficit to Jones. He weighed 232 two fights ago and 236 in his last fight and was not ripped at either weight. Many of the guys Jones has beaten at 205 were around 225 in the ring and most of those were leaner than Werdum at that weight.

It would be a fun fight, and if I were a gambling man who makes money, then I would take Jones by decision. He's faster than Werdum, has better footwork, a reach advantage that he has proven he can take advantage of, a good chin, and a gas tank that thus far hasn't failed him in his last three fights, all of which went five rounds. He's always improving, and while he could get submitted by Werdum at some point during the fight, it won't be the same one Vitor almost caught him in.