What chance you give Dricus?

I think he will be a legit underdog. He’s built like a brick shithouse and hits hard. He also has a chin on him. Whittaker was actually hitting Du Plessis, but Dricus just ate it.

I’d say Dricus is easily 210+/-lbs on fight night. He looked a weight class bigger than Whittaker.

5 Likes

After last night’s shit show appearance from Israel in the cage during their face off, I’ll definitely be pulling for DDP. From what I’ve seen from him outside of the cage he’s a classy dude. From what I’ve seen in the cage, he’s making me more of a believer every time he fights. After last night, I like his chances.

5 Likes

His movement is so odd and goofy, but he obviously has serious power. It’s like he’s 50% Keith Jardine. I like to think Izzy will destroy him on the feet, but I don’t even know what to think anymore.

6 Likes

Tailor made match up for Izzy, he’ll walk right into Izzy’s counters

3 Likes

That takedown he did on Whittaker made me think he had a judo background. I looked it up and he started martial arts in judo at 5 years old to 14 then moved to wrestling and kickboxing.

Maybe he can take Izzy down a couple of times. He also has real punching power, he could land a shot.

I think it depends how well his chin holds up. I think Izzy will land hard on him as he trys to close the distance, so he is going to have to survive that. Get inside to land some hard punches or go for a takedown.

I’d say he is the deserved big underdog and I think Izzy wins but Dricus just keeps winning so I’m done doubting the guy.

6 Likes

I say 40% chance of winning. Stylistically you’d think the matchup favors Izzy, but everyone thought that about Whitaker and not only did he prove alot of people wrong even less people thought he’d get a finish.

1 Like

I can see DDP utilizing wrestling to win the fight. I’d say 40% chance.

1 Like

I bet 15 bucks on him
Dude has showed that he enjoys beating guys down at a very high rate

Izzy got beat up a lot in the last two fights, but got a counter KO in one of them

Every fight of his I’ve seen, I thought he was gonna lose but he just keeps on winning, so at some point you have to stop counting him out. Having said, that it’s possible he beats Izzy but I can’t see how unless he takes him and and ground and pounds/subs him.

I think that the fight could go to decision. Maybe Izzy wins 3 out of 5 rounds. I feel like Izzy has no issues making it go to decision.

DDP could be another Marvin Vettori like matchup for Izzy. Win on points due to DDP being tough.

DDP says that his style has never been seen before, so he’s banking on just malfunctioning Izzy’s style with takedowns and such.

45% chance

Helluva Fighter

Could Beat Izzy Down

3 Likes

Built like a brick shithouse

3 Likes

Built like a shit brickhouse

Pretty good chance. He has KO power and a bigger advantage on the ground than Izzy has on the feet.

Izzy has alright TDD and DDP is pretty hittable though so I can also see it being a Costa style KO for Izzy.

2 Likes

I can def see ddp blasting him with some bombs on the ground and Izzy being in some bad position that he can’t get out of while on the bottom against the fence or something. Orrr izzy flatlines him on the feet.

1 Like

Dricus’s stance reminded me of this scene

3 Likes

I’m envisioning him standing over an unconscious Izzy and gesturing to his junk while screaming, “My Dricus yo mouf!”

If he mixes his takedown with his striking and works on getting good takedowns he has as good a short at beating Izzy as anyone else besides Jan.

3 Likes

There is a lighter weight fighter that fights exactly like that I swear.

Can’t remember his name but I wanted to see him get ktfoed so bad.

Jimmy Rivera maybe?

Could be wrong only saw him fight once

1 Like

ill take Dricus getting the odds