What ever happened to Jason "Strangebrew" Thacker?

Dougie -
bigconk74fe - Jason Thacker: https://youtu.be/eI3jNk6wGRY Phone Post 3.0

Wow Phone Post 3.0

Sad story, but at least it sounds like he's moving forward.

He has a support group in his family. He said he discussed the interview with them beforehand.
He was able to do the interview and handle his anxiety, and he said he has been able to come off of the meds.

That said, I would still happily contribute to a fund for him.

Hey Cindy,
How bout you see if the Baldfather will match contributions?

Oh, and fucking amazing article!

In Phone Post 3.0

War Jason Thacker.
War Rich Clementi. Phone Post 3.0

Wow. Hearing about his life after the show makes me really bummed for him.

Very well written article. Phone Post 3.0

Wow. Great article.

Griffin and Bonnar made the UFC what it is today through TUF 1 and its finale and Bonnar basically made the HOF just for that fight.

It would have been nice if they'd taken care of Thacker also. He's part of that TUF1 history and more importantly, he could have used the help.

It's not too late, Dana. Get on that shit asap.

Kind of ridiculous people are looking to the MMA promoter that exploited Jason Thacker to now save him. It's been shown time and time again that promoters only have a hand in using/taking from fighters. They almost never give anything besides the bare minimum back to most fighters.

The stars you see earning millions basically earned that money for themselves.

Blazing Knees - 
esque - 
Blazing Knees - Someone should start a donation thread -seriously. I don't know how to do that kind of internet shit, but it SHOULD be done- It's like saving a life-or maybe 3 considering his family is a mess too
I was thinking the same thing. I'll donate for sure if the thing is set up right. Phone Post 3.0

From what I gathered, no phone, no car=no internet. But there are lots of good Canadians, not all of them smash peoples faces with iron pipes because they didn't represent Canada well enough and the writer got aholt of him somehow.

I'm no saint, but I have enough human compassion to contribute in some small manner, even if it's just a 'reach out' to let the guy know that all of humanity doesn't all suck balls.

I don't know- I see people on here hawking money for Pygmies, broken orbital bones, operations etc all kinds of shit-maybe management around here could do something positive and sticky a donation thread and some of our more astute computer geniuses could find a way to reach him. Certainly a worthwhile cause for a UG mob rush

Agree with last paragraph. We should all try to do something.

attn Kirik: hire mmafighting.com to write the UG blogs

Yeah, we should help him out. I mean, holy shit, poor guy... It doesn't seem like a got a fair shake at anything in his life :-( Phone Post 3.0

Brian J DSouza - 

Kind of ridiculous people are looking to the MMA promoter that exploited Jason Thacker to now save him. It's been shown time and time again that promoters only have a hand in using/taking from fighters. They almost never give anything besides the bare minimum back to most fighters.

The stars you see earning millions basically earned that money for themselves.

Sometimes you can shame a guy/company into doing something. Even if they're just doing it for PR reasons. If you want to start a gofundme for Thacker, go ahead.

The blame lies more with the producers of TUF in this case IMO. They made the decision to put him on the show, did the vetting (or were supposed to), etc. MMA promoters might be scumbags but they're angels compared to the reality TV people.

Or didn't you watch TV in the last 15 years?

Steve4192 -

Probably the best piece of MMA journalism I have ever read.  What a sad & depressing story.  I hope Thacker finds some peace in his life. 

Feel exactly the same, he seems like a good guy. Phone Post 3.0

wow, what a great fucking peice, great writing.

I hope Jason can find a way to turn his life around. Phone Post 3.0

Brian J DSouza -

Answer here: http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/3/24/8259545/in-search-of-strange-brew

Voted up and shared on my social media. Really funny and well written article. Phone Post 3.0

Thacker says the fighter-turned-trainer, Shawn Tompkins — who grew a stable of experienced fighters such as Sam Stout, Mark Hominick and Chris Horodecki out in Ontario — made his life difficult, too.

"I was getting threats from Tompkins’ gym," Thacker says. "He was on TV saying, ‘Jason Thacker’s a piece of shit.’ He said it should have been a Team Tompkins guy on there. That’s what he was mad at. He said, ‘Thacker’s a disgrace to Canada.’"

I guess Thacker came out on top of that feud

That was the best MMA piece ever written. There's not even a close second.

It's better than most award nominated mainstream longform journo pieces.

Brilliant work.

I've met Tompkins once... I believe Thacker Phone Post 3.0

Great read. Really sad story.

So what do we do about this human tragedy?