What ever happened to Jason "Strangebrew" Thacker?

Canadian UG'ers are going to have to find him right?

He had to borrow a car and phone... Phone Post 3.0

Blazing Knees - Someone should start a donation thread -seriously. I don't know how to do that kind of internet shit, but it SHOULD be done- It's like saving a life-or maybe 3 considering his family is a mess too

I'll donate

Proper journalism in MMA.

Hopefully the future will bring Thacker some joy.

TTT

esque - 
Blazing Knees - Someone should start a donation thread -seriously. I don't know how to do that kind of internet shit, but it SHOULD be done- It's like saving a life-or maybe 3 considering his family is a mess too
I was thinking the same thing. I'll donate for sure if the thing is set up right. Phone Post 3.0

From what I gathered, no phone, no car=no internet. But there are lots of good Canadians, not all of them smash peoples faces with iron pipes because they didn't represent Canada well enough and the writer got aholt of him somehow.

I'm no saint, but I have enough human compassion to contribute in some small manner, even if it's just a 'reach out' to let the guy know that all of humanity doesn't all suck balls.

I don't know- I see people on here hawking money for Pygmies, broken orbital bones, operations etc all kinds of shit-maybe management around here could do something positive and sticky a donation thread and some of our more astute computer geniuses could find a way to reach him. Certainly a worthwhile cause for a UG mob rush

Dana says he has a soft spot for season 1 guys. This guy not only was a season 1 guy but went through a gauntlet to prove he deserved to be on the finale. He has a permanently bent nose because of how some morons reacted to his performance there. He's now isolated because of his experience and taking care of his ailing family. The guy had to borrow a cell phone and a car to do the interview! He was integral to the experience of season one, if only to show how serious it was, and he only made a few thousand dollars for it. I hope we as a community and the sport itself can help turn it around for him. It's not too late.

My fuck at the "knapsack of delusion" line, that was gold. I think most UGers live in a dump truck of delusion.

Great fucking article.

Man that's sad.

UFC should give him a check. Phone Post 3.0

If ever there was a guy who embodied the mighty spirit of the UG , it's Thacker. He had the balls to put himself in dangerous waters at a time where it didn't even seem like there was much to gain in the sport. I hope someone here can get in touch with him as I'm sure there are plenty of us who would love to do what we can to help this great man out.

Assholes didn't even give him a "people got hurt during the filming of this show" tshirt. Phone Post 3.0

sloppyfloppys - Assholes didn't even give him a "people got hurt during the filming of this show" tshirt. Phone Post 3.0
In a sad twist of irony, he was the one hurt the most. Phone Post 3.0

It's really hard to understand how Jason Thacker could be attacked for being on a show. Like how does all that logic get compiled, by several people, and end in Jason being hit with an iron bar? That's crazy really. There must be more to it. Do they believe Jason should have turned the show down? Never even applied? Found someone more accomplished to take his spot? How is it his fault is what I'm getting at???? These people aren't on the show cause they are idiots, obviously!

Damn Phone Post 3.0

hmb - It's really hard to understand how Jason Thacker could be attacked for being on a show. Like how does all that logic get compiled, by several people, and end in Jason being hit with an iron bar? That's crazy really. There must be more to it. Do they believe Jason should have turned the show down? Never even applied? Found someone more accomplished to take his spot? How is it his fault is what I'm getting at???? These people aren't on the show cause they are idiots, obviously!

It makes me sick to my stomach to read of how terribly he was treated by the UFC, most of the mma community, and the locals. It makes me sad to think of how different his life would've turned out with the proper support, training, and just an overall more positive environment to nurture in.

hmb - It's really hard to understand how Jason Thacker could be attacked for being on a show. Like how does all that logic get compiled, by several people, and end in Jason being hit with an iron bar? That's crazy really. There must be more to it. Do they believe Jason should have turned the show down? Never even applied? Found someone more accomplished to take his spot? How is it his fault is what I'm getting at???? These people aren't on the show cause they are idiots, obviously!
If you are really that shocked with society these days then maybe you need to step outside and meet some people.

Morons are everywhere and it keeps getting worse. Phone Post 3.0

I didn't think I could be any bigger a fan of Rich Clementi. I was wrong

Fucking amazing... Really showcases some scumbags (lance Gibson for example) and unsung heroes (rich clementi has a diehard fan for life in me) of the sport

I WANT to give this guy some $$$ and believe me I'm a cheap bastard Phone Post 3.0

Jason Thacker: https://youtu.be/eI3jNk6wGRY Phone Post 3.0

Great article, I've wondered on occasion what happened to Jason. Very unfortunate that his bravery and perseverance made him a pariah.
It's insane Canadians assaulted him for not doing well on a reality TV show. I hope he finds some happiness, he doesn't deserve his lot in life.
Much Respect. Phone Post 3.0

bigconk74fe - Jason Thacker: https://youtu.be/eI3jNk6wGRY Phone Post 3.0

Holy fuck. Phone Post 3.0