What happen to Atama USA?

They are out of stock with all their gis and rash guards.

It's been like that for months

Are they going to stop doing business in the U.S.?

Does anyone has any info on the company?

In for info. I was considering ordering a gi soon. Their gold weave Gis seem to last forever and I particularly like them. Phone Post 3.0

Atama gold weaves have been discontinued for a while. They only have the single weave, light, and Mundial now.

i have 3 gold weave gi tops that i cherish. had them forever.

if they still sold it, I'd buy the gold weave. hands down the best gi out of any supplier I've tried.

President of the company passed away, from what I've heard... Phone Post 3.0

They were great when they were the budget company and had a solid hold on the market. Unbleached singles for $50 etc. Then they almost tripled their prices and companies like Fuji took their place offering cheap, well made gis. I don't think most people in the BJJ world stuck iwb them after that. Pretty obvious why they are no longer relevant IMO. Phone Post

allamerican85 - President of the company passed away, from what I've heard... Phone Post 3.0

fn what??? i remember driving to his apartment in l.a. buying those gis....atama is my all time favorite. dude this sucks..

allamerican85 - President of the company passed away, from what I've heard... Phone Post 3.0

Eric? Shit, I used to drive all the way to his apartment off the 405 from San Diego back in the day also. This was before he moved into the warehouse in Torrance.

Yeah Eric Fehrmann passed on Sept 19th, Royce came in for a seminar at our little school on Oct 4th and told our coaches about it. Eric was young too. I wonder what happened. Phone Post 3.0

Wow... RIP

"ERIC FEHRMANN 1968 - 2013
Forty four, of Palos Verdes, passed away on September 19th he was born on November 30th in Milwaukee Wisconsin. He was the much beloved son of Eric and Kathie Fehrmann of Port Angeles, Washington. He was a thirty two year resident of the south bay, a place he loved. He attended West Torrance High School, wrestled and played football for the Warriors. He went on to attend USC and obtained a degree in business and marketing. It was his love of wrestling that led him to Brazilian Jui jitsu and opening his own business, World Wide Warriors, in Torrance. He also was a 25 year employee of the Los Angeles Department of Water and Power. He was an Electrical Supervisor in their training section. A gentle and hard working, kind man with a light hearted spirit. He is survived by his aunts and uncles, Bob and Karen Fehrmann, Paul and Jo Tetzlaff, Gail and Tim Carpenter, Ruth Michalski, his cousins John, Cris, Kim, Dana, Kurt, Jill, Eric, Lynn ,Vicki, Paula, Nickolas, Jessica, and Michael. The services will be held at Green Hills Memorial Park, Rancho Palos Verdes, on Oct. 3 at 11a.m. - See more at: http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/dailybreeze/obituary.aspx?pid=167181080#sthash.akDyimp7.dpuf "

Oh man,,,, sucks!!! RIP Eric Phone Post 3.0

RIP Eric,

I bought my first non Gracie Torrance Gi from him at the apartment also.

Damn. Eric was a great guy. RIP Phone Post 3.0

PayItForward - i have 3 gold weave gi tops that i cherish. had them forever.

if they still sold it, I'd buy the gold weave. hands down the best gi out of any supplier I've tried.
I can only second this. What a shame they were discontinued. I may be the only person to say this but I hate the light Gis and rip stop material! Phone Post 3.0

Cant stand rip stop either. My 14 year old Atama is beat to shit but its hanging in there (the top is, the pants not so much). Its had hundreds of hours of mat time and feels like an xray vest when you put it on its so heavy.

Even though I dont like the newer Atamas, there is something almost sacred about the old ones. Probably because I associate it with the old days when my instructors used to wear them and I thought they were the shit...