What happened to the guy on TUF last episode? Wtf?

Saltine American -
Muay Tired -

Apparently it was rhabdomyolysis that caused the cramping.  Typical AKA overtraining.  I can't remember, but is Team Cormier the team with all the injuries?  Reflection of AKA's injury-prone athletes.

They also champ prone. I too think they must be going too hard at aka because of the injuries, but maybe that’s the line you gotta run to be champ. Dialing it back a little may mean dialing back success. 

Tough line to straddle, but maybe that's the key?

Ragingshaneistheanswer -
Saltine American -
Muay Tired -

Apparently it was rhabdomyolysis that caused the cramping.  Typical AKA overtraining.  I can't remember, but is Team Cormier the team with all the injuries?  Reflection of AKA's injury-prone athletes.

They also champ prone. I too think they must be going too hard at aka because of the injuries, but maybe that’s the line you gotta run to be champ. Dialing it back a little may mean dialing back success. 

Tough line to straddle, but maybe that's the key?

Very interesting.... 

Panic attack.

Cocaine Cowboy -

Ive come to the conclusion he most likely had a panick attack.  It can cause muscles to cramp and he was amped up, probably anxiety related?

This. I cramp so much when my anxiety is up

Well on the recent episode they said this dude was running twice a day before and after the workouts.  His teammates say he was overtrained especially his legs, I don't buy it.  He was 3-0 without much experience from Ireland and I think he had some sort of anxiety attack he's never experienced before.

Mr_Honky -

From a tweet I saw from a guy on the show it sounds like it might be something serious and explained on a future episode. It was definitely strange. 

Over-training was the teammates excuse last episode.

Cocaine Cowboy -

Well on the recent episode they said this dude was running twice a day before and after the workouts.  His teammates say he was overtrained especially his legs, I don't buy it.  He was 3-0 without much experience from Ireland and I think he had some sort of anxiety attack he's never experienced before.

But he was the #1 lightweight pick, and was fighting the last overall pick, who he matched up well with. I'm sure anxiety played a part, for sure, but I do think there was a real physical component too.

I used to get really bad cramping in training, where my legs would lock up and I couldn’t do anything. It happens. I don’t think he was afraid to fight.

dentalninja - Looked like it could have been rhabdomyolysis and/or possibly a severe electrolyte imbalance.

The fact that he ran 30 miles in the past 5 days in addition to training 2x per day with Team Cormier team may have been a factor. No one needs to train like that.

…and there it is.

Target_the_Gash - 

gots no 'lectrolytes

Cocaine Cowboy -

Thank you for your professional opinion based on absolutely nothing.