What happened to the guy on TUF last episode? Wtf?

I've never seen calf cramps stop a fighter from competing when he was medically cleared & feeling perfect 40 minutes prior.

Nerves?  Medical condition?

He probably ate less than 30 minutes before the fight. My mom won't let me swim until 30 minutes after I eat because I can get a cramp and drown.

I once drowned due to cramp

RIP

You cannot jump in the deep end of you ate 30 minutes prior. Everyone knows this. 

Target_the_Gash -

gots no 'lectrolytes

But... He cut no weight....

He bitched out and faked leg cramps, lmao. 

Definitely a large mental component.

I had sever cramping like that the day after a fight. But I was cutting tons of weight and competing the same day.... then usually getting drunk after the fight. 

Very strange to have it happen warming up. 

Letibleu -

This must be a scene from the next aliens movie or something wtf.

From a tweet I saw from a guy on the show it sounds like it might be something serious and explained on a future episode. It was definitely strange. 

Looked like it could have been rhabdomyolysis and/or possibly a severe electrolyte imbalance.

The fact that he ran 30 miles in the past 5 days in addition to training 2x per day with Team Cormier team may have been a factor. No one needs to train like that.

Ive come to the conclusion he most likely had a panick attack.  It can cause muscles to cramp and he was amped up, probably anxiety related?

The craziest part is that he was the #1 overall lightweight pick, and a huge favorite to win that particular match up.

Jesus, so he's out the tournament? I haven't watched, but that's fucking nuts.

To many fighters crying on the TUF lately, makes me laugh, not to their face of course.

he needs some brawndo, it's got what ufc'ers crave

Apparently it was rhabdomyolysis that caused the cramping.  Typical AKA overtraining.  I can't remember, but is Team Cormier the team with all the injuries?  Reflection of AKA's injury-prone athletes.

Muay Tired -

Apparently it was rhabdomyolysis that caused the cramping.  Typical AKA overtraining.  I can't remember, but is Team Cormier the team with all the injuries?  Reflection of AKA's injury-prone athletes.

They also champ prone. I too think they must be going too hard at aka because of the injuries, but maybe that’s the line you gotta run to be champ. Dialing it back a little may mean dialing back success. 

Muay Tired -

The 30 miles he ran, was on his own, before practice.