What have fighters' purses been like so far in

the Bellator events? I have heard rumors that they are taking good care of a lot of the fighters. The figures I heard aren't outrageous but they are higher than I expected.

I'm not sure about the losers, but its well publicized that the tournament bouts get 25K for winning the first round fight, 50K for winning the 2nd round fight, and 100k for winning the 3rd round fight.

I'm not sure if its structured 12.5k + 12.5k, but the winners get 25K total.

So the tournament champs take home at least 175K for 3 fights.

Not bad!!

Tourney=

1st rd = 10/15k
2nd= 20/30k
3rd (final) = 40/60k

145 tourney is the when????

its already started.

Wilson Reis, Yahir Reyes, Joe Soto, and Esteban Payan have advanced to the 2nd round.

That is pretty darn good. I have a buddy who is 1-1 as a pro and they offered him 3k + 3k for a prelim fight on this card. I was shocked. He said some of the other prelim fighters had received similar offers.

If he is healthy, he should take it, not only for the great payday, but if he has an awesome performance, he may be able to get in one of the future tournaments or cards.  Season 2 starts next fall and is likely for ESPN or ESPN2.

Your screen name is the best of all time...

Well, maybe 2nd behind "Crotchless Gis"

They offered him a fight below his own weight class and he didn't feel he had the proper time to make the cut. He is going to try and get a fight with them in the future.

Brigham -  Your screen name is the best of all time...

Well, maybe 2nd behind "Crotchless Gis"

Who? Me? This old thing?

If you were talking about Mad Xyientist... I concur...I was admiring it earlier also.

The funniest one I've seen recently is "Matthew Battle"

Mad Xyientist - The funniest one I've seen recently is "Matthew Battle"

I laughed out loud when I saw that one. Then my buddy who doesn't follow MMA asked me what was so funny. I tried to explain but it just wasn't translating. MMA and UG inside jokes rarely translate well to non UGers.

I thought the tourney was only 185 damn it.

Randy Marsh - 
Mad Xyientist - The funniest one I've seen recently is "Matthew Battle"

I laughed out loud when I saw that one. Then my buddy who doesn't follow MMA asked me what was so funny. I tried to explain but it just wasn't translating. MMA and UG inside jokes rarely translate well to non UGers.

This forum needs it's own Encyclopedia Dramaticae as a FAQ for all the "in jokes".