What is it about wrestlers that make them so f'in

Bad Ass?

I mean, these guys are arguably the baddest fuckers on earth.

But what makes them so bad ass?

Andy the man - Bad Ass?

I mean, these guys are arguably the baddest fuckers on earth.

But what makes them so bad ass?

grueling training in a sport that you have basically 0 hope of doing after college. That is where the crazy aspect that comes in that bumps up their bad assness a few levels.

Day in and day out brutal conditioning while trying to starve yourself down as small as possible.

In highschool our wrestling room had a heater that made the room like a sauna all the time.

because after you've been grabbed and molested by a big sweaty man in a one piece swimsuit with jock itch, what else is there to be afraid of?

GrayMaynardsTrampStamp - because after you've been grabbed and molested by a big sweaty man in a one piece swimsuit with jock itch, what else is there to be afraid of?

you must be a butthurt BJJer huh?

running stairs,in Glad bags, while carrying the 105er on my back...

Most of your elite wrestlers from the beginning to college and beyond have been making weight and competing every 2 to 3 weeks for their entire life. You can't reproduce this at an MMA school. Phone Post

fiercedragon -  running stairs,in Glad bags, while carrying the 105er on my back...

cheap ass. Real men buy the legit sauna suits and carry the 119 pounder up the stadiums. My senior year i was 145 cutting to 125. I made 119 my senior year, but felt like death and wrestled like shit.

fun times :)

Magnum TA - Most of your elite wrestlers from the beginning to college and beyond have been making weight and competing every 2 to 3 weeks for their entire life. You can't reproduce this at an MMA school. Phone Post

sure about that?

At the Olympic training center we often had what they called Grind Matches. 90 mins long with no break you just go at it.

Things like that is what makes wrestlers tough. The way we train

Real answer?

Beyond the skills and training, you have to from an early age be used to competing in front of friends and family. You regularly win and lose every week and have to get up the next day and go to school. You cant hide or select your opponents.

That entire process is just as relevant as the physical development. It forges a character and mindset thats different from MT or BJJ.

"At the Olympic training center we often had what they called Grind Matches. 90 mins long with no break you just go at it."

Id think youd cramp up from dehydration well before 90 mins?

Markos - 
GrayMaynardsTrampStamp - because after you've been grabbed and molested by a big sweaty man in a one piece swimsuit with jock itch, what else is there to be afraid of?

oh, so...you like the things i mentioned?

matbattler.

HELWIG is correct. You're on a roll lately, bud! Phone Post

^^^and sometimes multiple matches in a day for several days in a row.

failing at other sports and being forced to roll around with half naked sweaty guys

wrestling practice is not for the faint at heart

Not having to worry about being elbowed or kicked in the head?

GrayMaynardsTrampStamp - 
Markos - 

oh, so...you like the things i mentioned?

matbattler.

lol @ matbattler.
you have the wit of a 9th grader

Wrestling practice even at the early stages (pre HS) are pretty damn grueling.

You have anywhere from 2-8+ matches a week depending on the tourney size

most learn how to diet and cut weight before learning to drive

to be considered "decent" you have to beat dozens of ppl on a weekly basis for years

Outside of boxing & thai boxing, cant think of a combat sport that approaches wrestling when it comes to preparing you for MMA