what is Ness-FuThai

What is Ness-FuThai and how does it differ to other systems out there. The ownly thing I know about this system is that it was created by Charles Ali Nestor of UCC fame.

5 bucks

It's the fastest possible way to get KO'd in any situation.

Total crap.

Goes to show you anyone can make up a style these days.

It more a mix of different styles than a new style.

These days?

Shoot, people been making up new styles for 1000s of years.

What I meant by "these days" is that in the older days you usually had to prove the effiency of a style often challenged by others styles. Today it is very easy to start any new style and they come out like hot potatoes.

Objectively, I mean, objectively, REALLY objectively, as much as I try to be, I would tell you that it's a style mostly based on Muay Thai and Kuoshu Kung Fu. It tries to mix the effectiveness of Muay Thai with spirituality of Kung Fu. It's very incomplete by the fact that nobody at Ness Martial knows a lot of ground fighting and that a lot of their guys jump to the pros with few months of training. Stand-up wise, it's pretty cool.

" it's a style mostly based on Muay Thai and Kuoshu Kung Fu"

Interesting, I remember back in the Mid 90's reading about Kuoshu tournaments and they sounded like a good place for an kung fu fighter to compete to make his training more functional

"Stand-up wise, it's pretty cool"

thats the reason why I started this thread because after watching Charles Ali Nestor and student Yves (forgot his last name) fight, they showed some neat stand up techniques never seen in MMA, like yves shoulder throw to counter the thai clinch.

"It's very incomplete by the fact that nobody at Ness Martial knows a lot of ground fighting and that a lot of their guys jump to the pros with few months of training"

I have to agree with you here because the matches I have seen with ness-futhai fighters always shown that there deadly when standing up but as soon that they hit the ground they are not that polished but they have time to get better in that department, which would make them great contenders in MMA.

Yves Jabouin is training Wrestling and BJJ at Tri star, but does his stand up with Nestor.