What is next for Ferguson?

Nate

1 Like

That kick was perfect.

It popped both sides of the jaw into the skull for the shut off button.

3 Likes

It was scary how long he was out cold. Can’t be good for you long term, along with the life altering beating Justin gave him.

I can understand how TFerg doesn’t want to hang ‘em up yet. I hope people can talk him into retiring.

It would have been interesting if Chandler hadn’t landed that up kick from hell

2 Likes

He needs to retire. Anyone suggesting he continue fighting is crazy. The guy has been dominated by Gaethje, Oliveira, Dariush, and almost killed by Chandler. Keeping him around to be cannon fodder for the new up and coming 155lbers is fucked up.

2 Likes

Bummer for Tony, just watched the fight, and he was looking great. He’s gotta move that face out of the way. I say give him a lower ranked fight and see what happens, if he loses retirement is a real possibility.

Dan Hooker

1 Like

Dana will feed him to killers til he quits

Dana could give him brain damage legally. Tony has no fear and would fight any banger they offer him. The outcome will not be good if he doesn’t quit now imo

Season 2 Drinking GIF by Graves

He’s lost 4 straight but in general against steps up in competition from his past opponents, timeing-wise. He should fight and up and comer next; someone well outside of the top 10 at the least.

Reality is he makes too much for the UFC to give him lesser competition. I have a feeling he’ll be matched up with someone like Fiziev or Tsarukyan in order to boost their names. Tony isn’t going to go out with a win.

agreed he should fight a guy ranked in lower half of top 20

Tony is so crazy he would fight hazmat, and probably give a good fight too

2 Likes

They won’t do that for him though if they are paying him good. If he gets another fight it will likely be a killer and if he loses he will get cut. Same treatment JDS and Maia just got.

Not sure how Arlovski gets to take a step down in comp while other old vets don’t but thats the way it goes.

2 Likes

Yup. That’s what I said.

Arlovski is well liked by the powers that be. Tony on the other hand, just recently shot himself in the foot.

Tony has taken so much damage in these past few fights. Not just the KOs but also the armbar of Oliveira and the heel hook of Dariush. His body must be broken…

Tony is fucken bonkers. Hell probably ask for nganno next.

1 Like

How has he even been allowed to fight his last few? Wasn’t he certified as legit batshit and locked away in Arkham asylum?

That would actually be a fun fight. Both are on a skid and have taken serious beatings in recent fights. If the Tony that showed up in the first round would be in the octagon against Hooker, it would be fireworks.

As much as I feel for Tony, I don’t think he is done. For his health, he should probably retire. However, he still demonstrates far more ability than what BJ or Diego were showing late in their careers. Tony looked on point until he got caught. BJ and Diego looked like shells of the themselves in their last few fights. There are fights out there for Tony where he can be competitive and put on a show. Those are the fights he needs.

1 Like

Dana himself said Tony is still a top 10 fighter, looked great in that 1st round, and was caught, as it can happen to anyone. Pretty classy of him… and I agree too. Obviously he is an exception, and he earned it. As 5 straight losses would be too much.

1 Like