What makes you fee mostl cheated RE UFC PPV....

2 things:

1) if the ppv keeps having to change it's card and change and move fighters over the place AND there is no title fight on the card, it should cost $30 not $50.

2) I realize that you can pretty much watch entire ppv cards now with the Facebook streams and spike tv fights, but if you are paying for the ppv you should get to watch those fights on your tv live. Watching the fights from your computer is not nearly as comfortable as watching on your flat screen in HD on the lazy boy. If you pay $50 bucks for the ppv, you should be able to watch the entire thing Phone Post

YES, THE COMMERCIALS...

No internal ranking system, #1 contendership is determined by who the more popular fighter is

case in point:

Chad Mendes vs. Jose Aldo announced for UFC 133

Aldo is unable to fight that date. Mendes is now facing Rani Yayhya likely on the prelims

Aldo is now probably fighting Florian, who is only 1-0 in the featherweight division.

It's things like this that will prevent MMA (specifically UFC) from being a legitimate sport

There is no structure. Jon Fitch gets a lot of hate around here, but his second shot at GSP is long overdue. He should have got it after he beat Thiago Alves the 2nd time as he was promised.

Rashad Evans defeats Thiago Silva and Rampage, guaranteed a title shot.  Sits out and waits a year, ends up getting injured. Finally set to get his title shot, Jon Jones pulls out of the fight, and then decides he's going to fight anyway 2 months later. Evans should be immediately pulled from the Davis fight and forced to fight for the title to preserve the structure of the division. Instead Rampage is now fighting Jones after beating Matt Hamill and getting a GIFT decison against Machida.

The gladiator intro. That god damn fucking music they play when showing highlights of the card line up. What the fuck are they waiting for? Get rid of that shit and make a fresh presentation.

Goldberg is a robot, as I have said they could literally use the commentary from the UFC Undisputed games at this point and nobody would know the difference. Change up the script a little bit and allow him to start acting like a human.

Take a risk a do a tournament.

Everything mentioned on this thread is correct.

I'm one of these people who say "Well I dont pay attention to the rest of that shit, I'm just watching for the MMA". When someone like myself is getting sick of the presentation of the event, they have a problem

The arrogance from Dana and the announcers that we are lucky they are doing it all for us. No. YOU are lucky we are paying for you to do it. Giving us a fight we want to see isn't a fucking gift or favor. It's your fucking job as a promoter in order to satisfy your customer base. Phone Post

Because no other major US sports are on PPV.

Because in other countries they don't have to PPV to see the UFC.

I know why it's done but I want a refund when a fighter thanks everyone that has ever walked Gods green earth after a fight. Pet peeve Phone Post

Rampage vs. Hamill. Phone Post

caposa - No internal ranking system, #1 contendership is determined by who the more popular fighter is

case in point:

Chad Mendes vs. Jose Aldo announced for UFC 133
Aldo is unable to fight that date. Mendes is now facing Rani Yayhya likely on the prelims
Aldo is now probably fighting Florian, who is only 1-0 in the featherweight division.

It's things like this that will prevent MMA (specifically UFC) from being a legitimate sport

There is no structure. Jon Fitch gets a lot of hate around here, but his second shot at GSP is long overdue. He should have got it after he beat Thiago Alves the 2nd time as he was promised.

Rashad Evans defeats Thiago Silva and Rampage, guaranteed a title shot.  Sits out and waits a year, ends up getting injured. Finally set to get his title shot, Jon Jones pulls out of the fight, and then decides he's going to fight anyway 2 months later. Evans should be immediately pulled from the Davis fight and forced to fight for the title to preserve the structure of the division. Instead Rampage is now fighting Jones after beating Matt Hamill and getting a GIFT decison against Machida.

The gladiator intro. That god damn fucking music they play when showing highlights of the card line up. What the fuck are they waiting for? Get rid of that shit and make a fresh presentation.

Goldberg is a robot, as I have said they could literally use the commentary from the UFC Undisputed games at this point and nobody would know the difference. Change up the script a little bit and allow him to start acting like a human.

Take a risk a do a tournament.

Everything mentioned on this thread is correct.
I'm one of these people who say "Well I dont pay attention to the rest of that shit, I'm just watching for the MMA". When someone like myself is getting sick of the presentation of the event, they have a problem<br type="_moz" />

wow..strong post...

Maybe not true for the whole PPV, but main events anyway - You're watching to see the big names fight, not to see a great fight. What I've noticed over the last couple years, is probably 90% of the really good fights are on the undercard or prelims.  

That's why its such a good thing that there are more free fights now via Facebook, Youtube and Cable TV. We get the really exciting fights virtually free, and have the option to pay and watch the "big names" play it safe for 3 - 5 rounds.

I was gonna post, but you guys covered all my gripes. It's just a crying shame that these things will never change until there is a shake up mgmt. Phone Post

I don't walk away from a PPV feeling cheated. We pay for a guaranteed caliber of fights/fighters, NOT a guaranteed level of excitement. In MMA, anything can happen, even boring fights between otherwise exciting fighters. Phone Post

Only complaint I ever had was not getting to see the prelims.  Now we get them all so I'm pretty content with it all.  You guys complaining about the Gladiator really need a life.  Who fucking cares?  Really?  I pay to watch the fights and for the most part every card has some good fights on it.  People will bitch just to bitch.  Go get laid man.

Honestly for me $50 is above the spot where I don't feel guilty ordering and won't be annoyed if the fights are dull. This is especially true now that the fights are every month.

I can bitch about other stuff, but @ $25 maybe $30...it would be an easier buy...it is interesting, I am sure they have done all the numbers and found the equilibrium point and likely found that people who watch the sport are going to watch @ $50 and cutting the price in half wouldn't double the viewership...but for me, it is just too hight.

pretty much everything in this thread

chokeyou - wow..strong post...

I just feel like a lot of what makes me feel cheated with UFC PPVs nowadays isn't neccessarily just the event presentations or the main events themselves, its a combination of both.

Phil Davis is an amazing prospect, and a potential future champion. But he is kinda being forced down our throats right now. You don't go from fighting Tim Boetch, to headlining your first Spike card , to immediately headlining a $60 PPV. Also, this will be the 5th UFC PPV headlned by Rashad Evans in a non-title fight. UFC 78, UFC 88, UFC 108, UFC 114, and now UFC 133. There are some solid fights on that card and I'm looking forward to it, but we cant sit here and complain about non-title Main Events and still buy the PPV anyway. It's just inviting more non-title main events.

Being able to view all of the prelims is awesome, and future 5 round main events for all cards is a step in the right direction. I understand you can't predict injuries, and it seems as if winning a UFC belt is a curse nowadays. I honestly feel that less PPVs are the answer, but thats not gonna happen.  

The single worst thing about the PPV's?

the butthurt pieces of shit that whine about them. every time, without exception.

We need a time machine to send this ding dongs back a few years ago when we had to wait MONTHS for a single event to watch.

Archangel - pretty much everything in this thread

Humphrey - The single worst thing about the PPV's?

the butthurt pieces of shit that whine about them. every time, without exception.

We need a time machine to send this ding dongs back a few years ago when we had to wait MONTHS for a single event to watch.

You mean the days we"ve waited months but got an all star stacked card for like 29.99 ??? Yeah, sign me up.  I'd rather have quality over quantity any time.   I waited 2-4 moths in between Pride shows (got a Bullshido ppv here and there) and it was well worth the wait...

I remember the days where Pride went against UFC and NO one was complaining about either card because they both were stacked solid.  I can't remember anyone complaining.  Like caposa said, now we get our 6th ppv with Rashad Evans as main event for 60 bucks....  What is that, 360 dollars ???