Whats real story of TITO and UFC

What really happened with TITO and UFC, I know that Dana was disrespectful, and it had to do with some money...... But it just seems that there is more to the story?????

Tito supposedly asked for 350k per fight which the UFC said no way to. They battled back and forth and Tito didn't accept the final offer from the UFC. He went on mmaweekly radio and discussed it with Ryan Bennett and basically badmouthed the UFC and Dana. He said the he made the UFC, etc. Dana then went on the show to put in his two cents and bashed Tito saying that the money he was asking for was ridiculous, he was delusional, and that more people watched the Griffen vs Bonnar fight then ever watched a Tito fight, thus making Forrest Griffen more popular then Tito. Dana was really pissed and said some not so nice things. Tito then came on this forum saying that his nuts were more popular than Forrest (I believe he was a little intoxicated when he posted). That is basically the jist of it.

Clay,

Didn't Tito thank a sponsor, and more accurately, thank a sponsor of Punishment Athletics, right after that apology?

As I understand it that only partially true, Tito's agent suggested compensation for use if his likeness, amongst other things.

I'd guess we are only hearing about 50% of the issues.

Tito wanted too much money, but deserved to be compensated for use of his likeness.

Dana as we have seen from TUF, is just a little prick.

makes for s situation that is routine in other sports get blown out porportion in our case.

Deuce,

Read my post again. See if it suggests anything about the nature of the apology. Quid-pro-quo maybe?

"Zuffa, Dana, and the Tita bros"

Thanked them for sponsoring Punishment Athletics. . .

Tito asked for a second helping or porridge, Dana said "NO".

That's about it.

check out www.ufc.com

Punishment Athletics has an ad on their site. Looks like they are an approved sponsor.

LOL...if Dana is making more $$ off of Tito, than the other way around, who is really getting owned?

Do you really think that they'd sign Tito for fights and TUF 3 if THEY weren't going to come out ahead?

lol @ people thinking Tito won.

"As I understand it that only partially true, Tito's agent suggested compensation for use if his likeness, amongst other things.
I'd guess we are only hearing about 50% of the issues.

Tito wanted too much money, but deserved to be compensated for use of his likeness.

Dana as we have seen from TUF, is just a little prick.

makes for s situation that is routine in other sports get blown out porportion in our case."

Jack Burton has nailed the corect

the 350k was never real. the rest is pretty much correct.

The fact remains, UFC is doing this to make THEMSELVES more money. That's why. Tito didn't "win" really, if you believe he was holding out for something. They saw how they could make money off him and did it.

Shiloh, your scoring was correct. Esp Rd 1. Having judged 14 shows, a 10-8 rd means, no getting up, escaping, being almost KOed, no offense at all. Close to 10-8, nut not quite. Rd 3 was as close to a draw as possible, so I had to very close to a draw, but could see 29-28 Tito moreso than 29-28 Forrest. And it's better since now there are no "Forrest was given that win" threads, lol.

Fabricated to appeal to the fans.

lol frank is correct!

I'm sure Dana and Zuffa made Tito apologize to them.

They asked the same thing of BJ and BJ said No.

BJ did say no, and lost a close decision, Tito said yes, I will say sorry, and won a close decision.

waits for conspiricy theorists to actually agree

Tito said he wouldn't change anything he has done in the past, except he would have won his fights. That's the only thing he would do differently.

You think he is remorseful or believes he did anything wrong?

Well if he wouldnt change anything, why would he apologize then?

LOL

Read above Kying--

Something about a sponsorship perhaps?

Tit for Tat some will call it.

I would imagine TITO mandated that he have the right to sponosr his company TEAM PUNISHMENT clothing as part of his signing agreement.

And thus the resulting plug for his gear and website incorporated in with the "thank you " segment after his fight. Thats just smart business....however... Despite some boos of the decision, I didnt think TITO should have said the "hate me or love me" part. He is going overboard now always talking about how everybody is against him.

....and we got the mock crying thing after the boos AGAIN.....