Whats the point of the Yamma Incline

on the perimeter of the cage?

Is it to give a guy an advantage to stand up easier, or not to get stuck against the fence for a whole round?

It's a mistake imo.

OK, But why is it there?

What does it do?

makes it a pit

It's supposed to eliminate being caught against the cage on the ground. It's a joke. I don't mind Yamma, I actually like the idea of a "Masters Class"...but they need to flatten out their fighting surface. I can see serious injuries happening because of that stupidity.

FCFBlazer - makes it a pit

Hmmm, kinda makes sense!!

Maybe someone should do it the other way and call it " King of the Hill" Fighting! Y'know like ya did on big snow banks as a kid!!!

EvilMaster - It's supposed to eliminate being caught against the cage on the ground. It's a joke. I don't mind Yamma, I actually like the idea of a "Masters Class"...but they need to flatten out their fighting surface. I can see serious injuries happening because of that stupidity.

Ankle twists? Stubbed toes?

Broken ankles, torn acl/mcl, Serious damage if slammed or spiked at the right angle. Just all kinds of stuff. Fighters have spent there lives training to fight on a flat surface. EVERY fighting org in the world from boxing to BJJ competition to MMA is flat.

Yamma is just trying to be different. And somebody is going to get injured because of it.

the slant is supposed to be an inconspicuous way to guid fighters away from the edge.

i think you guys are crazy, it wont cause any more injuries, i kinda like the idea of trying to keep guys away from being pressed against the cage... that shit always gets stalled out

It'll be loved in a few years!!!

I think they need some kind of oscillating surface that moves randomly. Think of the excitement when a guy is swept when the floor suddenly heaves the fighters into the air.

We'll all have forgotten about it in 6 months.

Believe.

^

maybe 6 days.