whats up with the quick standups

gonzaga was working well from the top when he was stood up, the ufc doesnt want guys fighting on the ground, its obvious as hell, i wonder when someone is going to step in and say, what are you guys trying to pull, its a matter of time

That was the only standup I really questioned. I thought they waited too long on the other fights.

agreed

its obvious they wanted this fight on the feet quick so crocop could do his thing, crocop was being mauled on the ground, i guess it backfired on them, joe silva is destroying all the top talent with these matchups, he could have got so many exciting fights out of crocop, he loves putting a jiu jitsu guy in with a striker, good for gonzaga to upset there stupid matchup

"gonzaga was working well from the top when he was stood up, the ufc doesnt want guys fighting on the ground, its obvious as hell, i wonder when someone is going to step in and say, what are you guys trying to pull, its a matter of time "

Agree, I don't think he complained about it as things went down after that, but he was doing damage with those elboows and firing away. Strange stand up.

"That was the only standup I really questioned. I thought they waited too long on the other fights."

Disagree. Some groundwork sucked, but imo you should only stand up if neither one is trying to improve position or do damage. If someone isn't great at it make for a boring fight, but that doesn't mean it should be kept standing.

I bigger question these days are wtf to do with stand and pray fighters who are only in there not to lose?

I agree, BS standup IMO.

Herb Dean I am almost sure felt pressured to stand Gabby & Mirko up since the Brits by nature like to see throwdowns & people getting bloddied & knocked down. They have no clue about ground work. You could hear them boo in early fights that went to the ground.

"wtf to do with stand and pray fighters who are only in there not to lose?"

YELLOW CARD!

Early stand-up but they wanted someone to get their head kicked off and did it ever happen. Just so happened the fighter roles were reversed.

that was a bullshit standup

"YELLOW CARD!"

I'd be all for that. But the most effective way might be if great fighters with a win-some-lose-some attitude would be paid and brought back as much. Today they are regarded as second rate so maybe it isn't all that strange if they protect their records like it was their virginity. Especially nowadays, when UFC alone is calling all the shots.

(And no, I don't really care for sloppy slugfests.)