When Dana found out I had the 1st sponsor banner..

Mike Swick -
OG2006 -
Mike Swick -
Kirik -

That's awesome!

Spanky's XXX Playhouse is the first apparel sponsor I remember, too :-)

Haha Yea I apparently did the worst thing in UFC history for the UFC, but to the fighters.... your welcome! ;) 

Well where is the picture of you with the first banner?!

If you google me and “first sponsor banner” it will come up. It’s a huge white vinyl with Toe 2 Toe on it. I did a podcast episode covering it and showed it as well. Was a bit bigger than the later regulation size. Lol

whaaa...I'm Mike Swick...whaa I had an awsome career in the UFC and now I live my dream in a tropical country...whaaa

God dammit I wish I was you.

I miss the banners, the ads, the freedom fighters had to make more money.

BJTT-Frank Rizzo -
Mike Swick -
Mandible_Claw -

Didn't Chris Leben have the Condom Depot sponsorship on his banner? I remember loving that sponsorship. 

They usually put the Condom Depot logo right across the ass off the shorts too. Bad choice lol 

I remember when Woodley had "Dude Wipes" printed on the ass of his shorts. I thought that shit was funny.

I read an article and apparently his performance put Dude Wipes on the map as a force to be reconned with in the wipes game (for dudes). Being serious though, their sales took off after that. 

Dude Wipes is a joke. Baby wipes are already a thing. And cheaper. Only fools buy dude wipes

ohh i miss the good ol days of dude's grappeling with condom depot on the back of their trunks

It's terrible they went that monopoly route and banned shirts, logos on the trunks, and sponsored banners. That was a nice amount of income for the fighters.

Dana just put a nix to the custom made masks we were sending out to fighters to wear for their weight ins and walkouts. I'm surprised it lasted this long and quite honestly I don't know why the UFC doesn't make custom made masks for their fighters with nicknames, designs ,etc and then sell them on their site and give a % of the rev to the fighters.

What up Mike!!

I always was pissed with this interview with Dana. mike you made ALOT of fight ALOT of money. 

First. Who cares if the first 2 rows can’t see. 99% of them are “celebrities” who bought or were comped $5000 a ticket. Meanwhile the actual fans are in the nosebleeds and are  cheering since the first prelim. Nevermind all the people on tv who got to see those ads. 

BRING BACK THE BANNERS!

1 Like

I remember I fought on this small show years ago and they tried telling us before the show we couldn't hang out banners . I told my corner fuck them hang it anyways . My sponsors paid me alot more to have their logo on that banner then the promotion paid me. I mean whats the worse could happen ? Them not let me fight for them again lol thanks Mike swick fot starting that revolution , filled up my pockets real nice. 

1 Like
drewmorais -

I remember I fought on this small show years ago and they tried telling us before the show we couldn't hang out banners . I told my corner fuck them hang it anyways . My sponsors paid me alot more to have their logo on that banner then the promotion paid me. I mean whats the worse could happen ? Them not let me fight for them again lol thanks Mike swick fot starting that revolution , filled up my pockets real nice. 

Why restrict fighters from earning extra income? Fuck Monopolies!! 

Funny how Gordon Biersch was a sponsor back in the Chuck and Tito says. Then the UFC got big and moved on to Mickey's. Lol