When you cant finish the triangle...

misterw,

If your partner has his right arm inside, you can kimura him by inserting your left hand inside his elbow, placing the meat of your thumb at the back of the elbow, clasping your hands like a kimura, and pulling your hands to your chin.

It will work even if they don't release their hands. It's an alternative to the one I showed grabbing the elbow.

Awesome clips. And you do realy sound like Roy harris. Anyways great clip :)

Good responses.

Lautaro

"Do you find you are able to pull out the kimura if he is locking his hands? what do you do to break his grip?"
"

Yes, most of the time (not always), I can dig the Kimura out even if he locks his grip. [note: I'm almost 45, and not a real strong dude).

I dig my arm under the soft part of his elbow, then use my hips to stretch his upper body away from his arm - seperating his grip.

It comes down to his grip vs all the larger muscles in your lower body. The grip often loses that one.

frens, best option is roll to mount. especially for best fight street and best fight mma. undastan?

i agree in those situations....

but in bjj, i frequently get my triangle FROM the mount, so going back to it once i already have the triangle seems a little counterproductive.

misterw - i agree in those situations....

but in bjj, i frequently get my triangle FROM the mount, so going back to it once i already have the triangle seems a little counterproductive.

it seems counter productive, but sometimes its advisable to go back and forth to apply the proper neck pressure. also sometimes it's difficult to 'put weight' correctly starting from the mount at least for me.you can also rack more points up in a tournament which may help if you can't finish the guy.

ttt

misterw - ...because your opponent is very strong and locks his hands around your waist, is there anything you can try besides the following?

a) switch to omoplata (sometimes seems like a less likely finish than a triangle)

b) try to break his grip (if he is strong and has his hands locked, this seems like it can be nearly impossible

what else to try?

I just learned some techniques that work even against strong guys from Daniel Gracie.

It's all about how you position your legs and in what order you initiate the attack.  It's pretty hard to explain through the web.

An option would be to switch for an armbar once he starts to posture out.  A good way to practice switching between submissions is to drill the sequences...at least that's what has worked for me.