Where does Poirier rank all time at lightweight?

You didn’t think fitch won round 3 10-8?

If I remember correctly, which I probably dont, I had it

rnd 1: 10-8 BJ
rnd 2: 10-9 BJ
rnd 3: 10-8 fitch

BJ winner. not pissed that it was a draw but I thought BJ took it.

it was a razor thin fight with huge momentum swings.

I don’t remember anyone claiming BJ won the first round 10-8. Could be wrong.

it was like 11 years ago.

as I said, I cant really remember either. I’ll have to rewatch it tonight.

I remember BJ surprised everyone and took control of the fight out grappling fitch and laying the GnP a bit.

but again, it was 11 years ago…

Let me know what you take out of it!

will do, it was UFC 127, luckily I have up to UFC 130 on my laptop.

oh Frankie whooped dat ass in the following two fights.

frankie was a monster around that time.

BJ is my favourite fighter and have zero issues saying edgar is/was the better fighter.

I would watch “Marinovich brothers” BJ penn vs. prime edgar every day of my life haha.

Yeah, there’s no way BJ won a 10-8 round in that fight. He did really good in the first, started to fade in the 2nd but won the round, and then Fitch just laid out an ass whooping in the 3rd.

PRIDE scoring, Fitch wins. UFC, gotta make it a draw.

This list is silly brah.

Frankie took BJ out of his prime. Styles make fights. BJ was nearly unstoppable at LW back then but Frankie had his number. It wasnt a coincedence why Frankie was taking BJ down and other great wrestlers had more trouble. BJ couldnt deal with the stick and move style.

I think Dustin ranks pretty high. He has a chance now to beat Oliveira for the title and mabye fight Justin and Chandler as well. That might make for a better list of wins than Khabib although Khabib never lost and beat Dustin of course.

[quote=“Wasa-B, post:98, topic:3676913, full:true”]

I agree. I think the first fight was prime BJ Penn against a slightly pre-prime Frankie Edgar. The fight was super close. I think BJ didn’t show up for the second fight, but he was still close to his physical prime.

1 Like

Khabib did a lot of “fighting not to lose”

I cant get behind a fighter with that kind of attitude.

Huh?

What? By the end of his career, Khabib had finishes over every opponent but Raging Al and Edson (who he absolutely fucking smashed).

Off memory: Johnson, Horcher, Conor, Dustin, Gaethje.

2 Likes

I think it was a combination of the game catching up to him and BJ surrounding himself with YES men for his camps. A lot of adjustments were not done and he had nobody to tell him so.

1 Like

I think you could make an argument he had a safer style earlier in his UFC career, but once he was ranked in the top 10 you could see he was rounding out his skillet. His confidence steadily rose and like you said, even the guys he didn’t finish, he fucking mauled.

1 Like