Where to drop in Indianapolis?

I'll be in Indy for work in a couple of weeks and would love to drop in for an evening bjj session. Any suggestions? Phone Post

Where in Indy will you be? Phone Post

Lots of great training options. If you have time and willing to drive 30 miles south, come check out my school.

Http://www.smallaxebjj.com

But there are plenty in Indy to roll with too. Phone Post  

I had great training visiting James Clingerman's place years ago. Phone Post

Evan I'll be downtown Phone Post

American Top Team has a location in the heart of downtown. They have a few classes every night, starting about 6, I think. The head instructor there is Carlos Diaz. He is well respected. I haven't trained with him but he is by all accounts a good instructor. Google American Top Team Indy for their contact info.

James Clingerman is just south of Indy in Greenwood. Really open guy, never heard a bad word spoken about him. He has a variety of classes (like ATT) and times available. You can find his site at www.ibjja.com.

Tim Sledd's Small Axe is further south still. I train there a lot of Friday nights, really solid group of guys, awesome atmosphere and an Instruction style I really enjoy. Check ahead for class times- Tim posted the link.

On the North side of Indy Greg Eldred runs a Caique affiliate, Indy BJJ. It is essentially a gi only academy, primarily focusing on self defense and BJJ fundamentals. This is my home academy. They don't always allow drop ins but if you email him or call ahead you might be able to work something out. He has night and morning classes so you should be able to find something that works. His site is www.indybjj.com.

There are a few smaller schools around town as well but I either don't know that much about them or I haven't heard many good things about them. If you want to know about any of those, feel free to ask and I will fill you in on what I know.

Indy is a great town with a quickly growing and for the most part open and friendly BJJ scene. Over the years I have gotten to know people at nearly every academy in town, not because I am a social butterfly but because most of the gyms tend to be very welcoming. You should have a great time dropping in while in town. Phone Post

Marcello Monteiro. Bjjcoach.com

sswturtle - Lots of great training options. If you have time and willing to drive 30 miles south, come check out my school.

Http://www.smallaxebjj.com

But there are plenty in Indy to roll with too. Phone Post  

Thank you, I checked this out. Seems like Wed and Friday are the only days for classes. Do you guys train on Thursday night also?

ToeTheLine - Marcello Monteiro. Bjjcoach.com

thank you, i will email around and see who is open to having me stop by.

There's a Carlson Gracie Affiliate in Indy. Alan Stockman is the instructor Click here for website.