where to train in AZ?

I'm gonna be staying in Scottsdale next week and need a place to roll.

Whatchya got BJJGROUND?

Megaton's is in Scottsdale. Morning classes/open mats @ 1100 are always good, multiple black belts drop in from other schools. There are tons of great schools in the Phoenix area. With Ryan Beauregard, Tanquinho, Carlos Farias, Gustavo Dantas and affiliates, Jay Pages, The Lab, Arthur Ruff, plus many others having schools, there is difficulty just choosing a place or two.

what would be (in your experience) best for nogi?

thank you!

You can come by Arizona Combat Sports there is a noon class and a 5:30 class. It is a good group of guy with a pretty wide range of abilities. There is also a 10th Planet in Mesa. It has been a while since I have trained there but the instructor John is a friendly guy. Also in Scottsdale is Impact MMA which is Jamie Varner's new school. He has world champion Tanquihno teaching there and he is super warm, it is a newer school so I cannot say how many people will be on the mat or what their level is like. Gustavo Dantas does offer nogi twice a week it is a bit more regimented and they would prefer if you had a rank colored rash guard if you stop by, also Gustavo doesn't teach the nogi classes if that makes any difference.

Sorry should've mentioned Arizona Combat sport is all no gi all the time.

10th planet Phone Post 3.0

checkuroil - 10th planet Phone Post 3.0

I've been training at lots of 10P gyms in socal lately. Really like costa mesa. HQ was fun too. I tried catching Geo in oceanside on sunday but everyone was in san diego for the rollout or whatever.

bummed about that.

I'll check out 10P Mesa for sure.

Depends on what you are looking for but for deep talent in terms of training partners Gustavo Dantas is the place to go.

Mitch Baker -

I've been training at lots of 10P gyms in socal lately. Really like costa mesa. HQ was fun too. I tried catching Geo in oceanside on sunday but everyone was in san diego for the rollout or whatever.

bummed about that.

Jeff glover seminar this weekend Phone Post 3.0

Ray Elbe - 
Mitch Baker -

bummed about that.

Jeff glover seminar this weekend Phone Post 3.0

In AZ?!?

NM. i wont be there till monday.

:(

QUIT DUCKING ME GLOVER!