White unsure of Guillard's future in UFC

No one of my favorites as a person, but no denying he is an athlete with a lot of potential. While he was with Greg Jackson, he was becoming a force. Once he got poached by another team, his results slumped. I think he is not far away from losing his job.

The Varner match up was Melvin's chance to shine and he didn't. He acted like a cocky a-hole at the weigh ins and got a nice whoopin' in the 2nd and 3rd rnds. Should they cut him? I don't know, he has a lot of potential if he could just make better training decisions.

Jackson's team kept Melvin grounded.......He probably has too much freedom and/or won't listen to them as much.......I think the Blackzillions are a good team, just not the best fit for Melvin (based on his results since he joined them).

3rdLion -
Warrenpeace - 8-1 with Jackson's

Left Jackson's for blackzillions and goes 1-4.

Boom Phone Post

Those numbers aren't right. It's only been 10 fights since he joined Jackson's at UFC 109. I thought he left after the Lauzon loss. That would be 5-1 and 1-3 Phone Post

Although Melvin hasn't fought the same since the Lauzon fight, cutting him is ridiculous especially when there are more deserving fighters who need to be cut.

LilBrockonmychest - At least Dana's staying consistent with his inconsistency. Brunson has a boring fight but wins and Dana's butthurt about it. A fighter like Melvin is always exciting but lost a few recent fights and Dana wants to cut him.

Dana apparently wants every fighter to fight like Leonard Garcia.

Put say kenny florian's brain in melvin's body and you'd have a champion. Phone Post

He needs to be cut get some decent wins and develop as a fighter. Pretty bad to say this about a guy who has 45 fights.

Oh and learn some submission defense....

CREamed_by_DongJ - Guillard is entertaining and he has a pretty good reputation for being such...Why would you want to remove him Dana Dane?

Don't be foolish, he's a top LW who can beat top 5 guys on his best nights. You gotta keep guys like Melvin around.

Name 1 top 10 fighter he has ever beaten much less top 5. Please tell me what I am missing. He has had exciting fights but lets be real.

At what point does "potential" become unrealized and a waste? Melvin is not some young up and comer. He is 29, while not exactly old, with 45 professional fights. He has shown the ability to KO mid level and lower guys but he has never done so against anyone considered above average.

I hope Melvin doesnt get cut. Exciting fighter. Give him one more fight.

f**k. Can't imagine him anywhere else. Bummed. Melvin is as good as anyone. Definitely done as well as Hardy or the likes. Phone Post

I love Melvin.  He's still young and he's at a great camp. I'd hate to see him anywhere but the UFC.

Billytk - 
Gene Pitney - 
CREamed_by_DongJ - Guillard is entertaining and he has a pretty good reputation for being such...Why would you want to remove him Dana Dane?

Don't be foolish, he's a top LW who can beat top 5 guys on his best nights. You gotta keep guys like Melvin around.
    <br />
    LOL @ being able to beat top 5 lightweights<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    I admit hes got talent, but he has such little heart that he'll never amount to anything but a fringe top 15 guy at best.</blockquote>
<br />
top 15 really, LW isn't nearly as deep as you seem to think, name 14 LWs ahead of him.</blockquote>

Henderson

Maynard

Edgar

Diaz

CHandler

Alverez

Melendez

Jim Miller

Cerrone

Lauzon

Dos Anjos

Pettis

Hawn

Healy

Guida

Nurmagomedov

Varner

Aoki

That is in no particular order. He is fringe top 20 at best.

I would have no problems what so ever with Guillard being cut.

no way should Guillard get cut...he does need to adjust his fighting style though..this passive style he has embraced doesnt work well for him and doesnt entertain..his best wins and worst losses have come from a result of his aggressive style but id much rather see that as opposed to this new style he has..

oh and i think Guillard is much more exciting to watch than Leonard garcia..

Althletic, explosive, blah blah blah. Based on his overall performances, he's one of the most overhyped fighters ever in the UFC.

Melvin is exciting! If he gets cut I would like to see him fight Daley Phone Post

with the amount of shows the UFC puts out these days you have to keep an entertaining fighter like Melvin on the roster.. I still get excited to watch him fight, which I can't say for all the guys who are on the roster. As long as the price is right, I would think Melvin has to stick around.

To all those people talking about Hardy, look at his 4 consecutive losses:

GSP (the champ and probably the greatest welter of all time)
Condit (just lost to GSP and was the interim champ)
Johnson (fights at light heavyweight now for fucks sake)
Lytle (a bad loss for Hardy but it was a legends retirement fight)

Take away his 'marketability' and they're not bad losses in comparison to those who have been cut following 3 losses. Melvin is in the same boat in that his losses aren't to bad names and shouldn't be cut now.

TL;DR : Hardy shouldn't of been cut and neither should Melvin Phone Post

Himinahomina - To all those people talking about Hardy, look at his 4 consecutive losses:

GSP (the champ and probably the greatest welter of all time)
Condit (just lost to GSP and was the interim champ)
Johnson (fights at light heavyweight now for fucks sake)
Lytle (a bad loss for Hardy but it was a legends retirement fight)

Take away his 'marketability' and they're not bad losses in comparison to those who have been cut following 3 losses. Melvin is in the same boat in that his losses aren't to bad names and shouldn't be cut now.

TL;DR : Hardy shouldn't of been cut and neither should Melvin Phone Post

If you're going to nit pick his losses then look at his wins

Gono-Close fight some think he lost. Cut
Markham-Glass jaw, all loses by ko. Cut
Davis-Another close fight that could've gone either way. Cut
Swick-Good decision win but a gift contender fight, Swick was never healthy

These 4 fights shouldn't get you a shot at the WW Goat.

His 4 losses unlike most of his wins were all dominate. Phone Post