Who can beat Izzy (who hasn't fought him yet)? The Poll

I thought it was a shame when Till lost to Brunson, cause he had a chance at beating Izzy. But that’s just my opinion.
Which middleweight do you think can do it?

• Darren Till
  • Jared Cannonier
  • Sean Strickland
  • Jack Hermansson
  • Edmen Shahbazyan
  • Uriah Hall
  • Chris Weidman
  • Kevin Holland
  • Fantasy matchup: Gegard Mousasi
  • None of the above

0 voters

Romero already beat him

2 Likes

None of those. Usman & Covington could both go up and beat him handily though

I still say the guy with the best style to beat Izzy now is Rafael Lovato jr. … I get that he’s no longer fighting but he had the size, strength and grappling mastery to really threaten Izzy on the ground

I disagree, there are weight classes for a reason.

Mousasi the only one I see on that list

Jan showed he can be taken down and controlled. There just isn’t the dominant wrestler at MW to do it right now and his striking is elite enough for MMA to stay at the top

No one beating him

1 Like

Mousasi would do well against him. And call me crazy or stupid but I know Kevin Holland would have a chance. Only way Holland gets beat easily by Israel is if Israel wrestles him (LOL). Holland would have the reach advantage. Holland was able to survive Marreta before the knee injury, so I know Israel wouldn’t finish him on the feet.

Jan

Mousassi starts too slow. Adesanya would have the whole first round to find his range just about, that’s far too much time.

Maybe 5-10 yrs ago with his judo back ground but Izzy is a big boy at 185, he was taller than Jan and didn’t look that much smaller.

Nah Holland falls into his punches way too much. Izzys striking is on another level then Hollands. Mousasi I agree with.

his striking is also on another level than Vettori’s, yet all he could do was control distance and leg kick, nothing spectacular. Holland’s striking is more dynamic than Vettori’s. Add to that the height and reach and it would make for an interesting fight. I see it a lot like Reyes vs Jones, but I don’t think Holland would do as well as Reyes did. With that said, I think he does better than everyone except Mousasi. Canonier might have some success, but he doesn’t have the height. I don’t see anyone under 6 feet beating Israel.

You could also say Jan showed what we already know about dominant long limbed strikers. When they fight someone their own height and reach they aren’t so special anymore.

I think that new dude the UFC just signed, the guy that knocked him out is around his same size.

I reckon he’d be pretty much like paolo costa if they fought….

Lol, if Usman could, he would.

1 Like

Pereira.

1 Like

This, Kevin Holland has long arms and mostly cuz of that can avoids his poor striking, the long arms makes him to look “good” at striking,
But Till could probably give some problems to Yzzy

The good thing about Izy he can and will fight all these guys if they get to contender status

Yeah, only a MOTIVATED Mousasi on that list.

Izzy has to quit being a puss and fight guys he knows he can beat and go back up to LHW and try again.

Quit being a puss? He’s fought everyone in line, the lhw champ and now giving the contenders second shots at him

2 Likes