Who couldn't FEDOR handle in UFC?

I think FEDOR can take anyone. However, he will eventually get KOed just like anyone else who fights enough. Agree or disagree?

"On a long enough time line the survival rate for everyone drops to zero"

I dont think Fedor could handle SgtJustinTeplitz.

Cuz god knows,none of us here can handle(or stand)him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFRSoKnF7iQ

During Fedor's reign in Pride, the most dangerous individual-styles matchup for him among the UFC HW's was definitely Arlovski. And then Sylvia.

Now neither guy is in the UFC - and the UFC's best HW is now Nog, who Fedor has already dominated twice when Nog was at his peak.

Then there's Werdum, who is like Nog-lite - where he doesn't have any area of his game appreciably better than Nog's.

Then there's Heath Herring, who Fedor already battered in Heath's prime.

So the most interesting matchups left in the UFC currently have to be Gonzaga and Vera, both of whom are still relatively unproven.

Gonzaga has not yet shown that he can take a big fight into deep waters and last - while Vera has not yet beaten a ranked HW (and looked lackluster when he took a big step up in competition against Sylvia).

But I'd say that out of this current crop of UFC HW's, Gonzaga with his size and power has the best chance.

He is a danger standing - and while not as technical as Nog is, is more powerful with his strikes, especially his kicks. And he does have that BJJ pedigree to be a submissions threat on the ground as well.

But his cardio and his metaphorical heart are big question marks. Will he be able to muster himself up when he gets hurt - or will he wilt and look for a way out, as he appears to have done in his last two fights.

Fedor has shown he doesn't wilt.

i agree . No one is perfect eventually he will step up to
a "real" opponent and know what it's like to be dominated

whistleblower has thoroughly and meticulously ground 'n pounded the correct

Chuck

Fedor beats any HW in MMA today. Only Fedor V 2.0 will beat him.

"
i agree . No one is perfect eventually he will step up to a "real" opponent and know what it's like to be dominated"

This is a stupid post, I know Fedor catches sh*t for not fighting anyone recently, and with good reason, but it is absolutely impossible to make a case that Fedor has never faced a "real" opponent. Please pull your head out of your ass.

Funny stuff guys...I think it's hard to make predictions right now based on what we've seen before. Eventually it could happens if he starts fighting top competition on a regular basis. I think he can take anyone and win however, but like I said, it's hard to say at this point.

I think Chuck would give Fedor fits! Everytime some brings up something that can beat Fedor. He takes that "something" and makes it better than his opponent.

Fedor can't handle the business end of the UFC.

Soon he'll be running back to all the fight organizations, and Fedor will be forced to settle for less than he was originally offered.

whistleblower - Then there's Werdum, who is like Nog-lite - where he doesn't have any area of his game appreciably better than Nog's. T

I don't think that's necessarily a fair statement. On paper it seems accurate, but in reality Werdum really doesn't fight much like Nog. I don't think Nog would have quickly subbed Alistair from  his back as Werdum did, nor do I think Nog would have stopped Gonzaga with strikes. Werdum is taller and heavier than Nog, seems to have more power in his strikes, and has a different kind of sub game.

Wow, this thread is deeeeeeep. Really provokes a lot of thought.

Fedor dominated in Pride when they had all the best heavyweights and all those heavyweights were in their prime, he should be ridiculed for his inactivity, but people forget how dominant he was against quality opponents.

whistleblower - During Fedor's reign in Pride, the most dangerous individual-styles matchup for him among the UFC HW's was definitely Arlovski. And then Sylvia. Now neither guy is in the UFC - and the UFC's best HW is now Nog, who Fedor has already dominated twice when Nog was at his peak. Then there's Werdum, who is like Nog-lite - where he doesn't have any area of his game appreciably better than Nog's. Then there's Heath Herring, who Fedor already battered in Heath's prime. So the most interesting matchups left in the UFC currently have to be Gonzaga and Vera, both of whom are still relatively unproven. Gonzaga has not yet shown that he can take a big fight into deep waters and last - while Vera has not yet beaten a ranked HW (and looked lackluster when he took a big step up in competition against Sylvia). But I'd say that out of this current crop of UFC HW's, Gonzaga with his size and power has the best chance. He is a danger standing - and while not as technical as Nog is, is more powerful with his strikes, especially his kicks. And he does have that BJJ pedigree to be a submissions threat on the ground as well. But his cardio and his metaphorical heart are big question marks. Will he be able to muster himself up when he gets hurt - or will he wilt and look for a way out, as he appears to have done in his last two fights. Fedor has shown he doesn't wilt.

excellent