Who do you want to see Conor fight next?

I'd like to see have a nice tune up fight then khabib. He'll get mauled again but I'd like to see it. 

1 Like
CRE -
jgiveshead - 

Very weird that anyone would talk about matchups like Leo Santos when the Nate Diaz fight is *STILL* sitting on the table.  It starts to sound like Conor's fans don't think he can beat Nate!  And don't say "waaah weight classes" because both professionals could easily make the agreed upon weight for what would be the biggest paydays of their careers.

It’s because Santos is Aldo’s close friend who fights at LW and he speaks English. A form of an Aldo rematch.

This is another example of what I was trying to say: why fight Santos when he could fight Aldo himself!  Make it at 155 so it’s interesting.

As much as they might want to return Conor to some kind of god status, it’s never going to happen, might as well embrace it.  If they can embrace it, they can still have some big paydays: Conor vs GSP, Conor vs Nate, Conor vs Pauli, Conor vs Floyd.  It’s just pissing away time and opportunity doing ANYTHING ELSE.

Morgz - 

Id like to see him fight Al Iaquinta, Gaethje, or Barboza, not in that order.

Tony needs to be fighting whomever wins Dustin vs Khabib. 

If Conor is able to go out and get a win, then put him back in the mix of the top 3-4 names.

Even as a Conor fan I couldn’t agree more. Maybe toss in Kevin Lee.

Tony needs next shot, no matter what.

If UFC weren't protecting Conor, they would tell GSP he needs to fight Conor before he has a chance at Kebab.

But I think Conor will face winner of Cowboy/Gaethge

It needs to be the Khabib rematch no matter what. The only thing that makes sense is dollars. If it doesnt make dollars then it doesnt make sense. But if coward Khabib keeps ducking that rematch then Khabib needs to get stripped. Then it will be Conor vs Tony for the real belt, like it always should have been, before corrupt islamic UFC tried to fast track Khabib to the title with a paved yellow brick road against no top 5 fighters ever, and then #11 on short notice. Khabib is 1 of the most fake gifted manufactured UFC hypejobs in history. Hes the Male Ronda. Except while not being a fraction of the star. UFC is just delusional thinking that the "Islamic market" means anything, or that people care anything about a boring fucking wrestler in Khabib 

1 Like

Rematch with Poirer at 155. Both coming off loses to Khabob. 

1 Like
ConorWinsTheRematch - 

It needs to be the Khabib rematch no matter what. The only thing that makes sense is dollars. If it doesnt make dollars then it doesnt make sense. But if coward Khabib keeps ducking that rematch then Khabib needs to get stripped. Then it will be Conor vs Tony for the real belt, like it always should have been, before corrupt islamic UFC tried to fast track Khabib to the title with a paved yellow brick road against no top 5 fighters ever, and then #11 on short notice. Khabib is 1 of the most fake gifted manufactured UFC hypejobs in history. Hes the Male Ronda. Except while not being a fraction of the star. UFC is just delusional thinking that the "Islamic market" means anything, or that people care anything about a boring fucking wrestler in Khabib 

Hes all those things but yet he made easy work out of Conor. Knocked him on his ass and made him TAP. Conor needs to win a fight before he’s even in the conversation to get another mauling from Khabib.

3 Likes
mikethecricket -

I always loved Conor but now I really don't care.

Yet you are positing in a thread about it. You do care 

Deontay Wilder.

"It needs to be the Khabib rematch no matter what. The only thing that makes sense is dollars. If it doesnt make dollars then it doesnt make sense."

The UFC has chosen money over competition in the past, and if the do again, then you are right. Khabib defending against Conor makes them the most money easily. But they've gotten some pushback on this (mostly from a small group of hardcore fans) in that it takes away from the legitimacy of a championship belt. Champion should mean best fighter, not best ticket seller. If they follow this route, you just can't choose a guy who hasn't won a fight in several years over a guy on a 19 fight win streak, unless there's injury or suspension involved. 

Also, suggesting that Khabib should be stripped if he doesn't rematch Conor is kind of silly. Especially coming from a super fan of the guy who never attempted to defend a belt at all, ever. 

I love Watching Conor fight. He's one of the most dynamic strikers in the sport. But he's in a bit of a slump at the moment, and needs to fight his way back. He doesn't have a problem with that, so his fans really shouldn't either. 

Literally anyone, but y'all are bringing up some retarded match ups that will never happen. If Conor fights again it'll be a name that the casual fan has atleast heard of or seen before. Gillespie or santos? Cmon lol. Gregor could be champ but that fight ain't gonna happen. 

Pura Vida - Edgar.

This is a good one. Edgar coming off fighting for the title and Connor could get a quality win 

CRE - I think it should be Tony Ferguson regardless.

Even if Poirier defeats Khabib he deserves time to recover and enjoy that type of victory.

Originally it was supposed to be Conor and Tony unifying their Lightweight titles.

I was thinking of this exact match last night… it’s perfect. First of all, it’s a great fight. Second, it gets Tony paid. Third, it makes the winners next fight for the title that much bigger which once again = big $$$. Plus Conor and Tony could legitimately hype it up themselves as a title fight… for what they could call the real lightweight championship which would also bug the winner of Dustin / Khabib once again making the next fight bigger with a unification feel. 

Fact of the matter is, Conor got stripped when Tony was interim champion and Tony hasn’t lost since. It’s got everything you need for a huge fight and another huge fight after that without waiting around wasting a bunch of time. 

Pettis

Anderson Silva 

Top COMPELLING matchups for CONOR McGREGOR ......

#1 TONY FERGUSON except he deserves the title shot . But Tony are 2 of the most exciting fighters to watch and primarily strikers

#2 DUSTIN , its an excitng rematch possibility with some compelling history

#3 Cowboy Cerrone …great scrap for the fans and Cerronne gets a huge deserved payday

#4 ALDO REMATCH …ALDO comes up in weight for this super compelling rematch with history

#5 AL IAQUINTA another striking scrap, thats what makes Conor so entertaining

NATE DIAZ…save this trilogy fight for later as too many other great possislbe matchups

KHABIB…no desire to see him ankelf^cK conor again, rather see an exciting striker fight McGregor, I want to be entertained

BOXING …he banked coin on the Mayweather deal and it was obvious Mayweather carried him and toyed with McGregor in boxing, its not a sport he excels in like MMA

I doubt he will fight who most would like to see him fight. He will avoid the biggest threats. That said, he needs to work his way back up. He needs 2-3 wins before a title shot. Maybe the winner of Cowboy Gaethje. That would be a good scrap. Or Iaquinta. All three would stand and throw with Conor. All three also have enough to stop him. 

1 Like

"Who do you want to see Conor fight next?"

CRE

CRE, could you keep him at range and then knock him out with your reach?

StrikingMMA - "Who do you want to see Conor fight next?"

CRE

Conor = BJ

CRE = Fat Hawaiian Friend 

KirkBJJ - 
StrikingMMA - "Who do you want to see Conor fight next?"

CRE

Conor = BJ

CRE = Fat Hawaiian Friend 

CRE is a slightly smaller version of Semmy Schilt with Yushin Okami biceps. Conor would be wise to avoid CRE’s endless reach and buzz saw fists. I was in Florida when CRE knocked out 3 guys in the drug store parking lot.