Who has the standup edge,Couture or Norgeiura?

goku - nog used to,but now he is slow and his chin is shot to hell

Since when did getting KO'd once = chin "shot to hell"?

Brian Rule - LMAO @ "Norgeiura"

This vid is on topic... definitely NOT the Staph-infected/knee-blown Nog who fought Mir

Lol @ me for butchering the name of such a great.

However, do you really get any idea of what Nog we will see by watching him throw 8 punches?

Assuming the Nog against Mir doesnt show up of course........

Nog is the better traditional/pure boxer.

Randy is the better "in-boxer" or dirty boxer obviously, punching in at close range or en route to a clinch and on the way out.

newbloodmma - 
ajl416az - yeah randy's 'fade into the right hand' worked awesome against Brock.  but if he doesn't get clipped he should outpoint Minotauro.  he has better defense and movement, while Minotauro has a slight edge in power and speed.

but both have pretty mediocre standup.  would prefer to see a grappling match.

it was a grazing punch that landed on the back of the head that rocked Randy. I'm not sure how you can "fade into the right hand" that clubs you in the back of the head. 

I agree with the rest of your post.

Randy was slipping to his right side, when he got caught by the right hand.  which is the wrong way to avoid the punch.  should not have said fade

MolsonMuscles - 
goku - nog used to,but now he is slow and his chin is shot to hell
Since when did getting KO'd once = chin "shot to hell"?
Because when you've gone against Fedor's GnP and Cro Cop's stand up and taken the best they can throw at you with out coming close to losing consciousness and then get rocked by Mir's stand up its a pretty clear sign your chin isn’t what it used to be.

one of the most interesting fight in a long time. I like both fighters but Randy is the man.

Hard to say, Nog might jab him to death on the outside or Randy may beat him up on the inside. I think Randy has a better history against top standup fighters, but he's getting old and has had some bad KO's.

Wasa-B - Assuming the Nog against Mir doesnt show up of course........

Nog is the better traditional/pure boxer.

Randy is the better "in-boxer" or dirty boxer obviously, punching in at close range or en route to a clinch and on the way out.
Thats a very good analysis of their styles right there. 

Wonder if Nog will be able to avoid that clinch and pummeling game that Randy has made famous.

If this were a 5 rounder I think I would pick Nog but being three rounds I'm not sure who to pick.

I think Nog's biggest threats comes from good standup guys with fast hands or longer reach. As Nog himself is not that fast of a guy and seem to like the classic in and out boxing (which is not what you want to do in most cases if the opponent is really tall or faster with their movements than yourself).

I think he will outstrike Randy on the outside and get hit when in the clinch with Randy. Definitly an interesting matchup with two great personalities. I just wish it was a 5 rounder as I think it would give Nog the edge. I would say Randy will have a good chance to score a decision in a 3 ronder.

Heartbroken Lee - 
Heartbroken Lee - Man, these fucking American MMA fans - and they say the Brits are biased! Randy has piss poor stand up. Nog is a beast when he has two functioning knees and isn't in a near-death state because of a staph infection.

I didn't think we'd ever find anything to agree on, but had to check in with this after the fight.

Big Nog really is the second greatest  fighter of all time we have seen in mma.  I just want to see the man go out gracefully (maybe now?).

Thank you Big Nog for bringing back some nostalgia & making me a couple bucks in the process.

Why in hell was this guy the underdog (not complaining...just sayin...)????

Cheers to all of those who have watched the unbeatable lion who jumped into the ring with Fedor the first time and have been fans before and since.  Big Nog earned his place in Valhalla long ago and just reinforced it tonight.

Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira, you have made me a happy man tonight.  Still grinning :)

Maybe I'll pop open a Coors Light & crawl on top of the wife later....

Voted up :)