Who here gives **** all about a fighter's antics?

I mean, anybody here that actually gives little two pebble shits about a fighter's out of cage/ring antics?

Consider me one of them. I find the idea of a fighter trying to cater to fans and not be themselves even more loathsome when they have a fake projection of being humble if they really aren't that humble. (Couture)

I guess, I've always been a fan of fighters that put on exciting fights or that have a style that is something I can appreciate. Never been one to stop liking a fighter because of little knee jerk reactions to a few comments here and there unless it was really something ridiculous.

I have said this before.  I dont care about what a fighter does outside of the ring/cage.  The only time I am concerned with thier actions is for the 15/25 minutes they are due to be fighting.

The rest of it is just showbiz and drama.  Whatever a fighter chooses to do with thier lives is thier business.  As long as you are not hurting or taking from anyone else with your actions; do whatever it is you want to do.

Veegoh -  I have said this before.  I dont care about what a fighter does outside of the ring/cage.  The only time I am concerned with thier actions is for the 15/25 minutes they are due to be fighting.

The rest of it is just showbiz and drama.  Whatever a fighter chooses to do with thier lives is thier business.  As long as you are not hurting or taking from anyone else with your actions; do whatever it is you want to do.

Exactly. Then again, you have some of these same idiots that justify liking fighters because they're humble....yet still hate on guys like Fedor because of some of his fans. Fighters can't win with fickle fans these days. God forbid Fedor loses some day. He'll suddenly become overrated while no credit will be extended to the guy who beats him.

Hughes always tried to make out he was humble, especially after fights, he wuld have this Martyr look about him. But in reality he was arrogant cocky prick.

Good fighter (until GSP took his soul) but an utter ass hat of a man. 

The Mammoth -  Hughes always tried to make out he was humble, especially after fights, he wuld have this Martyr look about him. But in reality he was arrogant cocky prick.

Good fighter (until GSP took his soul) but an utter ass hat of a man. 

Surprisingly, I've always liked Hughes' cocky, bible thumping persona. To me, it's very humorous and Tito has always humored me too, which is why I can't help but liking either guy. Haha. Still, like other fighters more, but I think Hughes is a character.

The ridiculous antics of fighters help make MMA far more watchable, IMO. Fans who want a cookie-cutter world of generic clones who all say the same shit about "wanting to test their skills" and who spend all their time training and/or reading the bible exclusively are the enemies of entertainment!

There are only a couple of fighters I know of that are genuinely irredeemable assholes, but we can't post about them here without getting banned. Most of you know who I'm talking about anyway. ;)

Poopyface TomatoNose - I've always liked Hughes' cocky, bible thumping persona. To me, it's very humorous and Tito has always humored me too, which is why I can't help but liking either guy. Haha. Still, like other fighters more, but I think Hughes is a character.

I thought you didn't care about fighters' personalities outside of the cage. Sounds like you're arguing against yourself. Shouldn't you have 'no opinion' about these guys' personas?

PatrickFreitas - 
Poopyface TomatoNose - I've always liked Hughes' cocky, bible thumping persona. To me, it's very humorous and Tito has always humored me too, which is why I can't help but liking either guy. Haha. Still, like other fighters more, but I think Hughes is a character.

I thought you didn't care about fighters' personalities outside of the cage. Sounds like you're arguing against yourself. Shouldn't you have 'no opinion' about these guys' personas?

Not really. I'm just not very negative, so I usually can like fighters for their fights and style of fighting or sometimes partially for their fights and partially their attitude. Just like to focus on the positive side of things. As a whole, I probably enjoy MMA more than the average person.

Mike Sanders - The ridiculous antics of fighters help make MMA far more watchable, IMO. Fans who want a cookie-cutter world of generic clones who all say the same shit about "wanting to test their skills" and who spend all their time training and/or reading the bible exclusively are the enemies of entertainment!

There are only a couple of fighters I know of that are genuinely irredeemable assholes, but we can't post about them here without getting banned. Most of you know who I'm talking about anyway. ;)

That's why we have a bunch of out of shape, tatted-up faux hawked guys who throw haymakers that look even less real than the stuff the WWE guys throw at each other.

Sure maybe to an extent, it's all well and good when it's merely comments here and there but when you start molesting children or endangering the safety of other people the UG (along with the rest of society) has the right to judge.

gatotwopointoh - 
Mike Sanders - The ridiculous antics of fighters help make MMA far more watchable, IMO. Fans who want a cookie-cutter world of generic clones who all say the same shit about "wanting to test their skills" and who spend all their time training and/or reading the bible exclusively are the enemies of entertainment!

That's why we have a bunch of out of shape, tatted-up faux hawked guys who throw haymakers that look even less real than the stuff the WWE guys throw at each other.

Those "out of shape, tatted-up faux hawked guys who throw haymakers" are just one particular type of homogenized fighter, hence your reference to them appearing in "a bunch."

The fighters with the most interesting/psychotic/amusing personalities usually experience some measure of success; most of the sport's biggest weirdos have fought in the UFC, Strikeforce or Pride!

LOL@a haymaker looking less real than a rasslin STOMP PUNCH, BTW. Even the hardest hitters in wrestling don't throw shots that look like wild swings intended to KO someone.

I don't mind shit talking before a fight, trying to get into your opponents head. But I don't appreciate it and think it's pretty disrespectful after the fight has happened, like Lesnar after he beat Mir.

AlbertEinstein - I don't mind shit talking before a fight, trying to get into your opponents head. But I don't appreciate it and think it's pretty disrespectful after the fight has happened, like Lesnar after he beat Mir.

Don't get that at all, especially when the shit talking is mostly one way.

The best entrance to this day is Kimo from UFC 3.  That was epic. 

I like some of the antics.  Brock's post fight tirade was fucking awesome.

AlbertEinstein - I don't mind shit talking before a fight, trying to get into your opponents head.

I think the only thing shit talking does before a fight is make your opponent train harder ala Bisping vs Hendo. 

For the most part I agree unless it's a situation of them committing a really serious crime. If a fighter rapes or kills someone, that actually does bug me.

plebty of fighters mouths outside the ring have made me hate em, like serra and tito