1. When was your first experience with firearms?
2. What is your current occupation and how does your weapons training factor in? Any LEO or Military background?
3. If you could pick one rifle, one shotgun, one handgun and one carbine/"assault rifle" what would they be?
4. What laws would you like to see added/revoked regarding firearms in your home country?
5. Who do you think the most influential firearms designer was and why?
6. What advice would you have for new shooters?
7. Do you train MMA?
8. If you could meet ANYONE in history, who would it be and why?
9. Favorite hottie?
10. Any words for other forum members?
1. When was your first experience with firearms?
1. When was your first experience with firearms? I can't remember the first time that I held a firearm, but the first one I owned was a .22LR rifle... got it when I was ten or so. Even before that, my father let me shoot his 1911 (Colt, mfg in the 40s) which was very scary back then but had to suffice as it was and is the only firearm that he shoots. The .22 LR was a welcome change.Fortunately for me, he wasn't the type of guy to lock guns up, so each chance I had, I would go into the closet and fondle his 1911 and the two 'trophies' that he brought back from Vietnam. 2. What is your current occupation and how does your weapons training factor in? Any LEO or Military background? I work for the State of AZ right now, basically because it was the closest thing that I could find related to my BS in Biology without working more in a lab. Long description short... I hire contractors to clean up hazardous waste sites around the state, both as emergency responses and also as long term remediation sites (http://www.poisonedwells.com is a location I am working with, but there is a lot of rhetoric on that webpage). Weapons very much do NOT factor in, in fact, "dangerous weapons of any type" are prohibited in all government buildings. I'm already walking a fine line by bringing my folder. I don't have any formal Military or LEO background but I was raised in a strict USMC household (father eventually made colonel). Parents ended up getting divorced and my mom hooked up with a USMC staff sergeant of all things (alcoholic, former golden gloves boxer from Chicago at that). With both guys I got to see the training and play with some cool gear, but I got so much of the discipline route and decided I'm too independent-minded to take more of the same. I have a great lead on an intel analyst position (civilian) with the NCIS in California, that may be where I land next and as close as I get to something official and that I enjoy. Otherwise, my life outside of work is where the good stuff is at. Work is just a paycheck right now (very glad we have internet access here). 3. If you could pick one rifle, one shotgun, one handgun and one carbine/"assault rifle" what would they be? There are so many great choices and if my answers were limited to say, a rifle and a handgun only, they would be different. As such, I'd pick a Rem 700 in .300 WSM for long range (rifle), G36 for intermediate range, Benelli M4 for close range and 1911 for a sidearm. I could easily go M1A/UMP/Rem 870/G17. My current arsenal? USP .45 and a Bulgarian SLR-100.4. What laws would you like to see added/revoked regarding firearms in your home country?Touchy subject. My easy way out is this... I'd like for them to add a provision to the existing assault weapons bill, so that you can build any rifle into whatever configuration you want as long as you get the Class III stamp for it. For example, I should be able to get a post-ban AR receiver and put a flash suppressor and a collapsing stock on it if I pay the tax stamp. I should be able to put a bayonet or suppressor on a new FAL if I pay the tax stamp. Surely I don't think we should have to pay a dime to do this legally, but I think this would be a good compromise in light of the current laws. I can put a suppressor on a pistol but I can't put a flash suppressor on my rifle? Crazy. The ban on full capacity magazines is BS as well. I'm more deadly with one 12 round magazine than if I had 10-10 round magazines? Insane.
5. Who do you think the most influential firearms designer was and why? I'd have to say JMB because of the various firing mechanisms that he implemented, many of which are still used in various platforms today. Glock was a master of incorporating other's design ideas. The P7M8 is one of the greatest and innovative platforms (IMO) but was designed by a team, IIRC.6. What advice would you have for new shooters? Unquestionably, the need for safe shooting and gun handling can never be stated enough. Mistakes with firearms frequently have very tragic consequences. When selecting a firearm, choose what fits you and choose one with controls that you can manipulate easily and choose one that you will feel comfortable carrying and using. 7. Do you train MMA? I don't train at any place right now because there isn't anywhere to train at in the west valley of Phoenix. I need a good place to train in a bad way. My current dojo is my garage, where my wonderful fiancée gave me a corner to set up my kill box. I have a 100lb heavybag set up for normal banging. I made a headsized target out of sand, towels and duct tape that I can switch out the heavybag with so I can practice more accurate strikes in addition to odd angled attacks like uppercuts and knees that don't work to well on the heavybag. I recently got some sticks from KIL and have been working out with them. When I can convince my buds or my fiancées brothers to roll, I can practice transitions, subs and escapes. Past experience... boxing with my former father in law, a couple years of Aikido, a year or so of BJJ with Marcelo Periera out of Monteiro JJ in Del Mar, CA. Have incorporated elbows, knees and low kicks into my bagwork even though I have not formally learned these techniques from a MT instructor. I just got an e-mail from a forum member saying he worked out with Demi a couple times as well as some other good instructors in CA and he just moved to Phx... maybe there is hope!8. If you could meet ANYONE in history, who would it be and why? Probably the bodhidharma... I'd ask him why he brought zen to China (inside joke). Maybe Michaelangelo because of his artistic insight... maybe Browning to ask him how he would improve the modern firearm designs? Maybe someone that worked with the good stuff at Area 51 or Steven Hawking? Maybe O Sensei because I think his Aikido is simply awesome. Man, there are so many great people but they each only hold one piece of the puzzle. 9. Favorite hottie?I have great appreciation for all hotties... unfortunately I don't know specific names. My preference is dark hair and dark eyes. I'd have to say that Maria Checa from Cuba? is a good start. 10. Any words for other forum members?Pay attention to the posts by people that aren't well known. This is how the forum will grow. If we act like a clique and only look for and respond to posts by people we know, the others will grow frustrated and will not stay. Don't be afraid to start posts even if they might be a repeat or lame. Don't be afraid to speak your mind as long as you stand by your statements. Cheers, Erik(T0ki, we need one of these for you and one for Demi)
I know you guys are dying to know... allow me to post the lady referenced before... cheers
Good choices all round (speaking as a not very well known member myself), altough if I was going to have only 1 handgun it would not be a .45, don't get me wrong, it's a great gun, but I'd probably choose a Browning Hi-Power.
My old man has one....great gun. Another great Browning design.
Pay attention to the posts by people that aren't well known. This is how the forum will grow. If we act like a clique and only look for and respond to posts by people we know, the others will grow frustrated and will not stay. Don't be afraid to start posts even if they might be a repeat or lame. Don't be afraid to speak your mind as long as you stand by your statements. good advice.
"(T0ki, we need one of these for you and one for Demi)"
Actually, we need one for MARIA CHECA!!
"WHO IS MARIA CHECA?!?!"
1) how long have you been a hottie?
2) who was your hottie influence?
3) how often are you fully clothed?
4) what is the name and address of your current boyfriend or any past boyfriends or anyone who might even WANT to be your boyfriend?
5) do you prefer...
BHP sounds awesome, I haven't fired one. I understand it is JMBs masterpiece designed around the 9mm cartridge. The 1911 just feels so right to me because it is what I've known for so long. I'd have one now if I didn't get such a POS before. Having had the doublestack platform, I realize now I prefer the single stack frames...
All of the main platforms that are still around like Beretta and Sig can be reasonably fast and accurate enough IMO if you do your part. I just happen to prefer the 1911 platform, although I feel I am pulled into Glocks. The pistol is probably the least consequential of the choices unless you don't plan on having trouble or have to war in tight spaces. Otherwise, IMO the rifle, subgun/carbine and the shotgun are much more important. If CCW were an issue (as in it would be a primary, not a sidearm and I would be in a position where I didn't think serious trouble might happen) I woulg go with something like a P7M8 or G26 to emphasize discretion and probably not a 1911 and definitely not a USP or BHP.
MAria is a hottie for sure but there's so many others I can't go looking for them or I would be really busted by my fiancee. Even some of those titles on the OG get me a glare.
You guys should all have a Who is about you. I've read all the other ones and I'd read those as well.
I'd like to also add something to the words for the other forum members also... you folks should post more, especially the lurkers. We all learn from good posts and more from good questions.
krept, do a few...
Bull, check out the tapout forum.
don't torture a mudnamer like that bro...
I'll gladly except those pics @ email@example.com
Man, my bad! you have mail.