Who STILL holds the greatest Aura of Invincibility in MMA history?

*Guys who have been finished in their careers are disqualified because their aura was shattered and have thus been proven not invincible.

Jones had the longest winning streak against the bigger names but he is the biggest LHW ever, biggest ped cheater ever,

had 3 (THREE) close decision wins which many thought he lost and he got busted up.

Khabib only had 3 title defences when he retired but that is still tied for the LW (best division) record. He finished 3 top 10 p4p fighters in a row as his title defences and finished all of those fights, he had one close decision win and nobody ever even made him bleed

giphy

Khabib-v-Tibau-Lightweight-12-07-mp4-snapshot-06-12-2021-03-06-21-47-49

3f2c6f1e76a8e637d63514c1a5815068deea736d_2_690x417

1 Like

Anderson.

6 Likes

Weidman shattered Anderson’s aura though.

silva-weidman

Khabib and only arguably Jones have an aura in tact.

1 Like

Any other answer other than Phillip Miller is wrong!

2 Likes

I would have said Volk was the only active fighter to carry an aura of invincibility but Islam kicked the head off it

Islam is close to invincible but we’ve seen him get chinned and know he loses to Khabib

2 Likes

So any loss means they no longer have an aura? I guess by design that leaves your guy. But realistically that loss to Weidman was more self-imposed than anything so I disagree.

4 Likes

Hey, I agree but then Anderson lost the rematch. He broke his leg in that fight but Weidman was hurting him before that… had Silva on skates at one point.

1 Like

In history, Jones.

Currently active best aura, probably Shavkat.

2 Likes

Phillip Miller

1 Like

Jones never really looked invincible the way Anderson did. He’s won in convincing fashion for sure, but not while slipping punches like he was in the Matrix. That’s way more awesome, to use the literal sense of the word.

2 Likes

Anderson and Fedor

6 Likes

He said those who have been finished in their careers are disqualified. But even without that, Anderson didn’t look invincible on the ground. I do agree that he looked more awesome though. If we’re talking striking only then yeah Anderson looked invincible until he lost his reflexes.

1 Like

Fedor by a mile. A decade undefeated.

3 Likes

Man, I dunno. His wins against Bonnar, Hammil, Vera, Vladdy and Bader were absolute definition of one sided obliteration, all of those guys looked like KOTC rejects out there. Then his destruction of Shogun, Machida and Rampage.

Even Rashad, who only avoided getting finished because he fought scared, had nothing to offer at all. Vitor almost got an armbar and then spent the rest of the fight getting his stomach kicked in and getting HIS arm ripped off. Then the absolute one sided murder of Chael sans one toe.

Plus all of the regional scrubs he made realize they shouldn’t be pro fighters on his way up.

3 Likes

Yep, dude beat down every type of fighter in the hardest weight class to put together a large win streak in history. Freak show fat guys, juiced up wrestlers, bjj dudes with unkoable chins, k1 kick boxers, former UFC heavyweight champs, 7’2 giants, Olympic judo guys. It didn’t matter, he managed to beat the guys who most people couldn’t get motivated for, all while murdering the top guys. All of this in a harder rule set when you consider how often heavyweights get KO’d.

Never seen anything like him. These UFC dorks would be losing every other fight if they had to go back in time and fight in those conditions.

4 Likes

Fact not fiction homeboy

2 Likes

Jones. Only person that could beat him was himself

1 Like

Fedor before Strikeforce.

2 Likes

Jones walks around heavier than Fedor yet avoided the best HW’s for 15 years.

Is now the first champ in UFC history to demand a challenger who has not won a fight in four years instead of facing the interim champ.

No aura of invincibility there to me, never really was.

5 Likes