Who wins Ultimate Ultimate 1993 ? ? ?

Kaerlin

fiercedragon - mike...EASILY!

First Iron Mike vote...

Igor didn't really his his stride until the late 90's. For that matter, Hoost, too.

Gokor might pull the upset just because he has the easier bracket. A straight up kickboxer who usually wins via combination attacks...and a judoka who won't have his leglock arsenal. Igor was still rough enough to lose a ground fight back then.

Rickson might get worn out having to fight Dave and Karelin in a row. He's the best fighter, but he has the hardest path.

Gokor via luck.

From top left to right:

Dave Schultz (American wrestler), Pawel Nastula (Polish judoka), Rickson Gracie, Igor V., Mike Tyson, Ernesto Hoost, Aleksandr Karelin, and Gokor Chivichyan (Armenian judoka).

Hey I'm a Tyson fan and have been for a looong time, but come on.... No way he wins this, even back when he was an animal.

IGOR

PINKsinglet -  Karelin, unless we found out that he had a complete glass jaw.

I agreed. I could see him taking everyone of them down and pounding them out easily.

Damn that would have been a crazy event if it had all those participants.

jfcundiff - 
PINKsinglet -  Karelin, unless we found out that he had a complete glass jaw.

I agreed. I could see him taking everyone of them down and pounding them out easily.

Your jaw does not have to be glass against 1993 Mike Tyson

Having said that, Karelin.

This was in the era before someone had Erik Paulson to show them how to properly keep their weight on a BJJer to punch them without getting caught.

I think both Rickson and Gokor would clear out the wrestlers. Since Rickson's stuck fighting both of them...he wins both fights, but gets worn out in the process.

This is 1993. BJJ had too many unknowns to assume a wrestler would just take someone down and pound them out.

Domingo - This was in the era before someone had Erik Paulson to show them how to properly keep their weight on a BJJer to punch them without getting caught.
I think both Rickson and Gokor would clear out the wrestlers. Since Rickson's stuck fighting both of them...he wins both fights, but gets worn out in the process.
This is 1993. BJJ had too many unknowns to assume a wrestler would just take someone down and pound them out.

Karelin's size, power, and athleticism was LEAGUES beyond any other Olympic level athlete.

Unknowns? Nobody else on that list trained their skills against a creature like him. They would need a bear in the training camp to be prepared.

Shonie Carter via experience!

You are out of your mind Musashi.

Lindland vs Bisbing in the finals.

Karelin, no doubt.

Finally, Rickson vs. Gokor! Rickson by armbar...

Tyson or Karelin.

Yeah, I'm not going to predict the winner, because its impossible, but saying no one on that list except Rickson knows how to fight is not the smartest thing to say.

Tyson was involved with more physical competition than Rickson.

Either Rickson or Karelin. God this makes me want a time machine and a battleship.