Who ya got poll: Paulo Costa or Marvin Vettori at UFC Vegas 41?

• Marvin Vettori
  • Paulo Costa

0 voters

1 Like

I really hope Marvin beats his ass. Costa is a clown. Something is amiss with this guy.

2 Likes

I would bet the house on Vettori at 185. But this fight being at 205 is an X-Factor. Costa might be happy at this weight and carry that power to put Vettori away if he got the cardio to back it up. The higher weight also helps nullify Vettoris takedowns.

However, how long can Costa keep this up in a 5 round fight? He absolutely has to take out Vettori early. If he doesn’t he is in for a long night as Vetorri is relentless with the takedowns and absolutely has a cardio edge. Vettoris cardio is highly underrated for a man his size. He destroyed Hermanson and Hermansson is a machine himself.

I think still with the higher weight limit X-Factor benefit for Costa, he will still lose this fight. I’m sure Vettoris team will advise him to stay away from his power punches first few rounds to let Costa gas himself out and to up the pressure later in the rounds for a referee stoppage or judges decision.

Vettori by UD decision.

1 Like

I wonder what Vettori’s weight was when he got the news Costa couldn’t make 185lbs and if he already had started his cut….

Hope Vettori drags him into deep waters and punishes him but I’ve just got this sneaky feeling that Costa will clip him and put him away. I honestly hope I’m wrong. Nice that it’s on a bit earlier for us Brits

1 Like

Costa trying to hit Nate Diaz weight.

1 Like

He doesn’t. If he doesn’t finish Vettori in the first 2 rounds he’s going to lose, imho.

1 Like

Yeah vettori looks like a solid bet. Costa got issues with the UFC. This move was a protest or no heart in the game. Wants out of his contract to move to Bellator.

1 Like

I like Marvin, but hope Costa wins just for the crazy entertainment factor.

I pick Marvin though. Costa will quit when it gets hard, I reckon.

2 Likes

Costa has too many Yes-men in his camp. I reckon he thinks he just has to chin Marvin and that’ll be all she wrote.

I’m sure Marvin is concentrating on his wrestling for this one. It’ll probably look like Marvin vs Holland.

1 Like

Costa. His weight advantage will be too much

Think so?

I still don’t get how Costa looked so crap against Izzy? Was he being tested more?

I believe the venue on fight island was challenging. Not like Vegas which is close to Brazil. Weight cutting issues. Couldn’t sleep. Overtraining. Possibly injured.

Only speculating.