whos better, Rockhold or Weidman?

my bad, I could have swore rockhold had a good wrestling background.... well he did wrestling in hs, but no big accomplisments that i see

I guess i knew he was tight was Mo, and i kinda just thought maybe they were college wrestling pals or something lol

regardless, he is the bigger and stronger of the 2, and I would see it being a good fight. I mean, rockhold did beat Jacare which I feel is better than Maia who weidman beat

and to state my similar fighters case, well they do have some. Both young in mma careers and doing great, guess their bjj is comparable to as it looks like they are close there.

Striking neither is amazing either, much room for improvement both ways

Weidman for sure, he just beat the #3 ranked MW and has the wrestling to control anybody.

Weidman

holly9000 - Weidman

. Phone Post

Daverr -
and to state my similar fighters case, well they do have some. Both young in mma careers and doing great, guess their bjj is comparable to as it looks like they are close there.

Striking neither is amazing either, much room for improvement both ways

Apparently you didn't see Weidmans ninja elbow vs Munoz.. It's a moot point anyhow, Weidman will fight relatively quickly and progress his career forward towards the UFC title. Rockhold will stay in MMA purgatory (Strikforce) and fight once a year at best. It seems that winning a SF belt might be a bit of a curse, as the champions clause typically renews the contract automatically. Unless Strikforce is going to grow exponentially in the next year or two, I just don't see why any top talent would want to sign a SF contract.

Gilbert Melendez being the best example of this, personally I think Gilbert is right up there with the best in the world, unfortunetly we dont get to find out for sure. Phone Post

MdGeist - Weidman for sure, he just beat the #3 ranked MW and has the wrestling to control anybody.

That means so much. How many champs came from outside the UFC. You think everyone in the top 10 at LHW beats tonton too? LOL

Lazer MMA - 
MdGeist - Weidman for sure, he just beat the #3 ranked MW and has the wrestling to control anybody.

That means so much. How many champs came from outside the UFC. You think everyone in the top 10 at LHW beats tonton too? LOL

I guess I should be more specific when I say "beat"...

Weidman dominated and finished the #3 ranked MW in Anderson Silva-esque fashion

I know a lot of people are drinking the Weidman kool-aid

Damn straight!

^ legit lol Phone Post

MdGeist - 
Lazer MMA - 

I guess I should be more specific when I say "beat"...

Weidman dominated and finished the #3 ranked MW in Anderson Silva-esque fashion

This.  I was going to correct MdGeist's first post and say he destroyed the #3 MW, but you guys took care of it for me.  Weidman would've destroyed Kennedy last night.  Rockhold couldn't even finish him.  I'm a fan of all three, but Weidman would prove why Luke needs to stay in SF.

Their bjj is the least comparable aspect of their games... Weidman right now has the top jitz in the UFC

REDRUM_NYC - Their bjj is the least comparable aspect of their games... Weidman right now has the top jitz in the UFC

wow going on a limb there

Daverr - 

I think they are closer than most would think

Rockhold is the better wrestler correct? that could win him a fight vs weidman....

weidman i would give the nod in striking and bjj or course

Agree with the first part.  I think Chris has better wrestling, but Luke has better pure bjj.  Though weidmans insane mix of wrestling + submissions may give him the edge on the ground.  Still though I don't recall Jacare getting anywhere close to threatening Luke with chokes. I picked rockhold  to beat Jacare and I'd pick weidman over Jacare as well.  

Id say Luke is def better on the feet, way more dynamic 

nobones -  Rockhold is not at all anywhere near as good as Weidman. Phone Post

Lol at this 

Both are elite mws

DamnSevern -

I'd say he is more versatile on the feet, but I don't know if he is better.  While Weidman might not be as flashy, he is fundamentally sound and packs more of a wallop.

There is only one way to find out...and it will never happen Phone Post

REDRUM_NYC - Their bjj is the least comparable aspect of their games... Weidman right now has the top jitz in the UFC

he did very well in 2009 adcc as a BLUE BELT. i mean, he did lose to andre galvao though.

DamnSevern - 
nobones -  Rockhold is not at all anywhere near as good as Weidman. Phone Post

Lol at this 

Both are elite mws

dude, you have got to be trollin. with a red name no less. you think rockhold comes anywhere near beating the top 185 guys in the UFC?

weidman is elite mw. rockhold and kennedy are both b level (see nate vs tyron last night - and please, lets not start calling tyron elite ww)

maybe you just need to use websters online to refresh yourself on what the definition of elite is.

DamnSevern -
Daverr - 
I think they are closer than most would think

Rockhold is the better wrestler correct? that could win him a fight vs weidman....

weidman i would give the nod in striking and bjj or course

Agree with the first part.  I think Chris has better wrestling, but Luke has better pure bjj.  Though weidmans insane mix of wrestling + submissions may give him the edge on the ground.  Still though I don't recall Jacare getting anywhere close to threatening Luke with chokes. I picked rockhold  to beat Jacare and I'd pick weidman over Jacare as well.  

Jacare took Rockhold down repeatedly but couldn't hold him there so he didn't get a chance to showcase the BJJ.. It wasn't until Jacare gassed that Rockhold took over that fight Phone Post