Who's your favorite boxer, UG?

sgotwalks - My favorite boxer is Tiny Mexico. Julio Cesaer Chavez was a true gift to the sport and that body attack was so sweet to watch. I used to flip flop on Morales and Barrera as to who I liked as my favorite fighter throughout their respective careers.........then I had a major fancrush on both Rafael Marquez and Israel Vasquez during their trilogy which carried over to whomever they fought. When two guys give their all the way these little Mexicans do during these ridiculous trilogies........even though there is often some deep seeded animosity between them, how do you as a boxing fan not come away loving them both equally for the gifts they have given you as a fan. However, my very favorite to watch over the past four or five years has been Juan Manual Marquez, and the most recent fight with Manny was something so beautiful to watch that I'm still wearing the goose bumps. It is too bad he is oone of the biggest hard luck stories in the sport with regards to the decisions in this particular trilogy with Manny, but it takes nothing away from what we all witnessed on those nights, and I give Manny all the respect in the world.......it is a judged sport and never the fighters fault when things turn out the way they do.

Lets not forget Jose Luis Castillo and the way he effectively applied his mentors style to the craft himself with a Chavez like attack to the body.........and that fight, oh you all know the one.........that fight with Corrales which comes immediately to mind when people ask about the greatest fights you've ever seen. I also like to keep Corrales on the perimeter of this group just for sounding Mexican and having such an exhilarating style. Lastly, while Alvarez does not have the agro aggressiveness of the typical Mexican fighter and still has much to prove, he is something special on the horizon and I will watch him closely and hope that he can find his nemises that will bring out the best in him and allow him to possibly leave his mark on the sport with another spectacular trilogy as so many of his predecessors have.

So my answer is all these stubborn little badasses from Mexico are my favorite fighters!

Well said same here Phone Post

Andre Ward. Can't wait to watch the fight with Froch this Saturday.

Prime RJJ. Phone Post

"If they cut my bald head open, they will find one big boxing glove. That's all I am. I live it."-Marvelous Marvin Hagler Phone Post

WestBuiltAMountain - None. This is an MMA forum. I'm here because I like MMA, not Boxing.

Then why even post on this thread? And are you saying boxing doesn't have an important role in mma? To me, you sound like one of those guys that "trane ufc!" Phone Post

Gwhite - 
WestBuiltAMountain - None. This is an MMA forum. I'm here because I like MMA, not Boxing.
Then why even post on this thread? And are you saying boxing doesn't have an important role in mma? To me, you sound like one of those guys that "trane ufc!" Phone Post

Boxing is the fucking shit man. I fight MMA and i respect the sport of boxing more than I do MMA.

For Overeems butthole or whatever your SN is : )

Cruz2ninjafoya -
Gwhite - 

Boxing is the fucking shit man. I fight MMA and i respect the sport of boxing more than I do MMA.

Hahah hell yeah man. I love it all! I'm just a boxer but I love mma too. Haven't really trained in anything else, but hopefully i'll be expanding my game here pretty soon Phone Post

sgotwalks - How I miss a guy like Holyfield in the heavyweight division.

I'll second that! It makes me sad to see him fight so many years well past his prime and risking serious brain damage. His career at Cruiserweight was amazing as well.

Trinidad, Tyson, Gatti, Foreman, Marciano, Duran. No one today. Phone Post

Frankie Edgar, kj noons Phone Post

Pacquiao. Favorite Slugger: Mike Tyson.

OveREEMed A New Butthole - 
Cruz2ninjafoya - 
var so = new SWFObject("http://www.youtube.com/v/7FgS3kCv79I?version=3&hl=en_US", "postVideo-37226590-Flash", "425", "355", "9.0.28", "##000"); so.addParam("allowScriptAccess", "samedomain"); so.addParam("allowNetworking", "internal"); so.addParam("wmode", "transparent"); so.write("postVideo-37226590"); For Overeems butthole or whatever your SN is : )

Thanks dude! Could you link the other one too please? Floyd Patterson needs some love.

Sick highlight, thanks for sharing.