Why ADCC works

What a great event. This is what it will take to make grappling grow as a respected sport and attract sponsors.

Each competitor has only one coach in the corner of the ring....
Not 50 guys coaching and distracting the ref for one side vs. 2 coaches for the other guy.

It is a scheduled sporting event with only 16 qualified athletes in each weight class.

The 3 mats are used simultaneously in a time- efficient manner.

The security ensures that spectators do not have the opportunity to interfere with the judges decision or program.

Black belts or Big Egos (every one of us men) are not automatically granted VIP status as far as wanderig wherever they please and influence the event procedure.

People who do not belong hanging out at the rails next to the mat are directed into the stands. Hey, I would consider paying for a seat if I could sit ther and watch the event!

No team awards. i.e. having the most athletes does not equal having the best team.

Could an independent organization pull off this kind of an event for the rest of us?

Can't wait for tomorrow...

and dont for the most important thing,,,,
SOUTH FLORIDA MONEY BIENG FRONTED TO PUT THE EVENT ON.

THE ENTIRE EVENT WOULD NOT EVEN HAPPENED IF IT WASNT FOR THE MAN IN SOUTH FLORIDA.

FLORIDA JUST RULES WHEN IT COMES TO COMBAT SPORTS.

I was at ADCC yesterday and I must say it was the most impressive submission tournament I have ever seen. I would say it was on par with major judo and wrestling competitions.