Why aren’t they promoting Khabib/Barboza?

They hardly feature in the embedded shows and it’s the fight most fans are wanting to see.

Are they just afraid of wasting more money in case he pulls out last minute?

Or by not promoting his fight, when the PPV numbers come back and they’re not good, they can deny him a title shot and make him fight another contender like Eddie, Gaethje or even Nate. 

Or both?

we are not allowed to think about this weightclass and who the champ is.

This card is being promoted by interns.  The rest of WME is on vacation.

On my Facebook, it’s been my sponsored ad for a few weeks... don’t really watch the embedded episodes... they’re on the poster hanging up in the bars... 

I think it’s promoted as much as any non-title comain and your just really grasping at straws to find a conspiracy. 

Khabib just isn’t marketable I think it’s that simple.

as a long time fan of the sport I enjoy watching him but to the community who may be watching or reading the adverts he just doesn’t jump out. 

They didn’t want to put a bunch of $ into promoting a fight were they was a strong possibility of one of them not making it to the cage.

BDW_1983 -

as a long time fan of the sport I enjoy watching him but to the community who may be watching or reading the adverts he just doesn’t jump out. 

Khabib is marketable, if he stays healthy and fights.. and then fight again soon after, he’d be better known. We live in an age where things are fads for a few weeks at a time. It’s hard to stay relevant to casual fans fighting once a year.

Sidenote - Sleazy Ali is affiliated with both camps here, isn’t he?

BDW_1983 -

We’ve been told multiple times Khabib is huge in Russia, and if the UFC expands there with Khabib on the card they will be very successful. 

I take their word for it for now, as I can’t argue it. But I do feel confident the average North American casual fan isn’t aware of him. The hardcore fans are, but that is not that many people. 

BDW_1983 -

He has 3m followers on ig. That’s probably more than anyone in the ufc besides Conor.

If I was using the UFC's logic I would guess Khabib's unreliability/dagestan ties and Barboza's suspect chin/underperformance the last 3 times he headlined.

Because they’re still not sure if khabib will make the fight

BDW_1983 -

Comical. The guy's a monster. He's a classic example of how the UFC can choose to make a fighter a star or not.