Why can't boxers fight from the clinch?

Where/when did this rule come from? Would boxing be better if they just let fighters fight from the clinch or would just be more stalling? Phone Post 3.0

It was mixed last night, the headlock was instantly broken by the ref. When they actually hugged you could clearly hear him say "fight out of it" but both guys looked like they wanted to be separated instead, so he jumped in.

So you're allowed to punch from the clinch and utilize dirty boxing?

because when the gloves are tied up it's hard to get them lose because of the size. one guy would be struggling to get loose while the other guy clamps them down.

Do you guys think boxing would be way more entertaining with 4 ounce gloves?

I think there would be more finishes for sure. Potentially less head trauma because of more finishes. They wouldn't need to break up clinching because of reasons above. I doubt it will ever happen though. Phone Post 3.0

Some refs let guys fight it out in the clinch and dirty box. I like it and find it entertaining.

I suppose the rules are in place to prevent stalling and to keep fighters active. Phone Post 3.0

lol it would not lead to more finishes. Try boxing and let someone clinch and hug you w the modern gloves and get back to me on that.

duckhuntgangsta - I think there would be more finishes for sure. Potentially less head trauma because of more finishes. They wouldn't need to break up clinching because of reasons above. I doubt it will ever happen though. Phone Post 3.0
This was a reference to the 4 oz gloves. Phone Post 3.0

The Mitch Mitchell Experience - I think boxing gloves are kind of ridiculous.. You basically have shields sewn to your hands. Phone Post 3.0

this~

I don't think they're really sewn to your hands

There seems to be a lot fewer good inside fighters. So at close range they just inevitably tie up.