Why didn't Herb give him his mouthpiece back?!

Damn Herb just pick his mouthpiece up and hold it while he gets KOed? Phone Post

There wasnt a stop in the action Herb might get ktfo if he steps in while they are trading

When was he supposed to put it back in?  When he was laying on the ground?

He was waiting for a break in the action.

Not fair to Roy if he's throwing shots and suddenly Herb has to stop it because Matt lost his mouthpiece.

cause he was going to wash it and give it back during a slight break in the action. they were going when that happened.

he said, "herb, let me bang, bro!"

its why mitrione lost, he was expecting the break so he could get it back.
mistake on herb's part.

No break in the action. Mitrione had the option to disengage and move away, but he very arrogantly chose to stand in the pocket and trade.

Right Hand JO Power -

he said, "herb, let me bang, bro!"

This Phone Post

I was wondering the same thing. There were many many breaks in action for him to call time, so Mitrione could put the mouth price back in. It's not only very unsafe, but it may have stopped the knockdown.. Your mouthpiece helps absorb some of the power, and lets you clinch down hard with your teeth. Phone Post

rnunz -

Mouthpieces absorb shock and Mitrione was fighting at a disadvantage because of it. The punch landed right on the jaw.

Unfair IMO.

That's why the ref is there.

You say "what is he supposed to do stop them?"

Yes of course he is. Phone Post

KZTT_MMAfan55 -
rnunz -

Mouthpieces absorb shock and Mitrione was fighting at a disadvantage because of it. The punch landed right on the jaw.

Unfair IMO.

That's why the ref is there.

You say "what is he supposed to do stop them?"

Yes of course he is. Phone Post

So anytime a fighter is in trouble just spit out the mouthpiece for a quick timeout?

The way Herb handled it was by the book, and nothing new. Phone Post

You're misunderstanding the rules. There has to be a break in the action for the ref to put a fighter's mouth piece back in his mouth. Meathead did not create one. He made his own bed.

There were a couple times they spread apart far enough to give it back, the fact that they kept exchanging like that made it more important for Herb to give it back.

Big error on his part, IMO... Meathead might not get KO'd by that uppercut with mouthpiece in.

Narcolepsy - There were a couple times they spread apart far enough to give it back, the fact that they kept exchanging like that made it more important for Herb to give it back.

Big error on his part, IMO... Meathead might not get KO'd by that uppercut with mouthpiece in.

Just rewatched it. None of those breaks were substantial enough to stop the fight. Meathead was practically goading Roy into a slugging match the minute his mouthpiece hit the mat.

HERB DID A GREAT JOB, and I was cheering for Matt, if you want your mouthpiece step away from your opponent.