Why didn't Jim Miller win sub of the night?

Mr Winter - Miller tapped a black belt using his shin to rotate from rubber guard whilst stacked. I have limited Jiu JItsu knowledge but surely that is one of the submissions of the year?
Boom Phone Post 3.0

There's an obvious disparity in skillset in wmma, like watching a blue belt tapping all the white belts, but when you start proclaiming that it is the most exciting fight of the night, or saying it was the best display of technique, or putting Ronda in P4P discussions, it starts to take away the legitimacy and an insult to mma fans who truly love the sport.

Dana/UFC don't really do a good job of recognizing skill level of both who gets submitted and who does the submitting, and what type of submission was done, and the technique involved.

If they did, Jim Miller would have gotten the sub. Unless people think Meisha is more accomplished than Camoes on the ground.

warez is correct.

Millers sub was set up beautifully, and a Great sub, but like everyone said, Ronda has a ham wallet that Dana wants inside of Phone Post 3.0

SIGNED!

How is it exactly that you guys think OTN bonuses are supposed to be picked?

The one that was the least likely to happen? The one that was the most technically complicated?

Dudes are standing and wanging their way into sloppy KOTN and FOTN bonuses all the time just because the crowd was on their feet and everybody thought it was crazy. They give them based on what they want to see more of. This isn't the fucking SAG awards

They always give it to the champs or main fight of the card which I find ridiculous.
Miller deserved it imo Phone Post 3.0

OTN's are more often subjective than not. In tonight's case, though, it wasn't. All things considered, miller won. If I need to explain 'all things' then you really need a better understanding of the submission game than I'm willing to teach Phone Post 3.0

Stimble - How is it exactly that you guys think OTN bonuses are supposed to be picked?

The one that was the least likely to happen? The one that was the most technically complicated?

Dudes are standing and wanging their way into sloppy KOTN and FOTN bonuses all the time just because the crowd was on their feet and everybody thought it was crazy. They give them based on what they want to see more of. This isn't the fucking SAG awards

Pfffaha ok buddy. If under any circumstance an MMA org is saying that they want more mismatch armbars than top shelf Blackbelts being submitted then they should just rename the promotion, "ONLY THE MOST POPULAR FIGHTERS OR THE ONES WE ARE PUSHING GET MORE MONEY FC" and get it over with.

ChaosOverkill -
Stimble - How is it exactly that you guys think OTN bonuses are supposed to be picked?

Pfffaha ok buddy. If under any circumstance an MMA org is saying that they want more mismatch armbars than top shelf Blackbelts being submitted then they should just rename the promotion, "ONLY THE MOST POPULAR FIGHTERS OR THE ONES WE ARE PUSHING GET MORE MONEY FC" and get it over with.

But that's how it is. The bigger stars/most popular fighters receive the higher paychecks.

Ronda got the bonus because her fight was bigger than Miller's.

Same reason why Michael Johnson did't KOTN and Browne did and Johnson deserved it more than Browne since his KO was a lot better then Browne's. Phone Post 3.0

warez knows.

TTT

Miller got screwed Phone Post 3.0

lordbreakdown - 
Mr Winter - Miller tapped a black belt using his shin to rotate from rubber guard whilst stacked. I have limited Jiu JItsu knowledge but surely that is one of the submissions of the year?
Boom Phone Post 3.0

Srsly...

Dougie - 
lordbreakdown - 
Boom Phone Post 3.0

Srsly...

+3

maybe that despite all the training tate did to specifically avoid getting armbarred predictably,  ronda still armbarred her again

Edelweiss -

I think the same thing about Miller. He tapped a blackbelt out. He should have received the bonus. I'm frustrated.

This x 1,000 Phone Post 3.0