Why do you train?

For the girls.... Best place ever to pick up chicks.

So when I'm in the local Mickey D's and I hear a guy beside me with a Tapout shirt on say "I hope Mir kills him cause I'm a jiu-jitsu guy" & I ask "you train jiu-jitsu?" & he says "uh no but I know alot about it though" I can then say "Oh. Just askin, because I DO."

The bug on the windshield look is priceless. Not really the reason, but it is a nice fringe benefit.

Started for self defense and excercise. No I go because I love it.

My wife thinks I'm crazy. She always says stuff like "I can't believe you pay money to let people choke you." She is supportive though. Since I have started BJJ and JKD I have been able to stop taking my anti-depression pills. Did a little research and it turns out that alot of male depression comes from not getting enough heavy physical activity. I feel awesome.

Sweaty firm mens bodies pressed against my firm male body does it for me

Cause I love explaining what I train to people that don't know much about martial arts

...."yeh... sorta like Karate"

I started training because I saw Royce in UFC 1 and 2 and after that said I had to do that. Initially it was the power to feel like you could take on anyone even these guys with 10 years of karate, etc and kick their ass without much trouble (old school challenge matches). As time went on I would stop training and start again over and over. Always restarted just because I really enjoy BJJ. I love feeling like I am getting better. I have such a connection to the art that I don't think i could ever stop for good. No real interest in MMA, grappling competitions or even self defense anymore. It's just really fun.

Joe

because after 10 years of japanese jj I got absolutely murdered by dudes who'd been training less than a year.

D.

Been asking myself that lately

I started in 2003 because my boss ran the Gracie Academy's website. His only real two reasons were:

1. He needed a 2nd person in the car so he could go in the HOV, true story. LA traffic is a bitch.

2. He loved beating up on me, as I outweighed him by a good margin.

The beating up on didn't last long as I started going every day, sometimes twice a day to the Gracie Academy. I'd say about 3 months of constant training I caught up and surprassed him.

I left that job after 6 or so months, and kept training, went to No Gi for awhile, then when I moved back to Florida, joined ATT 2006. Way too many injuries from lifting happened, and really didn't get on the mats due to back injuries till late 2006, a year or so later finally got my blue. Now I'm back out again with rotator cuff injuries.

I miss it, and hope to be back soon. Till then, it's been Muay Thai.

Cause it's fun!

Jiu Jitsu affects me different from any other sport, hobby I have ever done.

The camaraderie.

because it make-a crazy in my head and body.

i train because i like knowing that if someone wants to do something stupid to someone i love, i will exact judgement on them for their offense and go to jail if i need to.

Man's sanctions won't matter because the riddance of evil has favor with God (depending on what part of the bible you read, hahahahahahaha)!

The voices in my head get mad at me when I dont train..

groundfighter2000 - To crush my enemies, see them driven before me and hear the lamentations of the women!

awesome.

that has been my email signature for about 10 years. i couldn't remember where i got it, thanks for reminding me about your journal.

bjj is like heroin. love it when i'm doing it and dreaming about it when im not.

coop

i train first to protect my loved ones,because in a mano e mano 1 on 1 NO fighting art i ever studied is as effective as BJJ
and two BJJ is a part of my evolution as a warrior because my goal in life is to be the deadliest man on the face of the f--king earth with my bare hands

I train because if I'm too tired to argue, life is much calmer @ home w/ the wifey-girl.

007 -  I wrote a blog about how BJJ is different things to different people.

http://www.dstryrsg.com/

thats awesome but no one cares!

Judo Scott - 
007 -  I wrote a blog about how BJJ is different things to different people.

http://www.dstryrsg.com/

thats awesome but no one cares!

Thanks for reminding me.

hangs head

refreshs stats on my websites

NECKCRANK808 - I want to be able to wear tap out shirts to the bar and say I trane UFC

The only correct answer.