Why do young'ish Dagestanians (like Khabib and Islam) have beards but older ones don't?

I’m sure this has been asked before, but why do young’ish Dagestanians (like Khabib and Islam) have beards but older ones don’t?

For example Khabib’s late father didn’t have a beard and most of the older men from Islam’s mountain village don’t have beards.

I assume they are all Muslims, so is there a religious significance to the beard or just generational style?

I’m sure its been asked and answered before but I cannot find the answer.

I am sure is has something to do with the pedo they worship.

4 Likes

Salafist background. The Quran and Suras says that Mohammed wore his beard long, with a shaved upper lip. The books also say everyone’s hair should be one length, that’s why you see guys either with a shaggy Zabit look or with a shaved head a la Khabib.

The younger guys grew up in the wake of the first and second Chechen wars. The insurgents embraced Islam heavily after fighting the Russians. It’s heavily ingrained into the culture.

The Dagestani Avars, Dargins, and Chechens of Khabib’s father’s generation were old school soviets. Religion was obviously outlawed.

Just look at pics of Grozny pre and post wars.

6 Likes

It’s hilarious how they just shave the mustache off

Interesting. Thanks for the effort in explaining this.

Dagestani’s are men straight out of the womb.

Their facial hair starts balding decades sooner than most people