Why does it matter if it was a UD?

Seriously guys, who cares? A win is a win, no one is gonna look back in 10 yrs and say, well Jon should've got a split not unanimous. No, there is a W in his book, that's it. And for the people outraged by the UD the judges handed down, are you telling me there's no way 3 people watching the fight could've scored it for Jon? Just because they are judges, one HAS to score it for Gus? Phone Post

Gus loses 30% of his purse in a UD. Phone Post 3.0

After a fight like that, I'm sure Dana has him covered Phone Post

thatkidrichard91 - After a fight like that, I'm sure Dana has him covered Phone Post
You asked, I told: Phone Post 3.0

Well, it doesn't matter.It does matter, however, that a judge could score it 49-46.

Insane.

The 49-46 was outrageous, ill admit Phone Post

Most noobs don't even know what a unanimous decision means. They somehow take solace in hearing it was a split decision instead. 3-2 by all 3 judges in favor of one guy is still unanimous. A 4-1 decision by one judge means he watched the fight and knows who won without a doubt in his mind.

I scored it 4-1 Jones....but it was a close fight.

Stone17Wolf - Most noobs don't even know what a unanimous decision means. They somehow take solace in hearing it was a split decision instead. 3-2 by all 3 judges in favor of one guy is still unanimous. A 4-1 decision by one judge means he watched the fight and knows who won without a doubt in his mind.

I scored it 4-1 Jones....but it was a close fight.

Some people don't even know what a split decision is. They think when a guy wins 3 rounds to 2, that equals a split decision.

thatkidrichard91 - 

Seriously guys, who cares? A win is a win, no one is gonna look back in 10 yrs and say, well Jon should've got a split not unanimous. No, there is a W in his book, that's it. And for the people outraged by the UD the judges handed down, are you telling me there's no way 3 people watching the fight could've scored it for Jon? Just because they are judges, one HAS to score it for Gus? Phone Post

lol @ in 10 years.....

People are still debating Hearns / Sugar ray, Whitaker / De La Hoya, shit people still argue and discuss the bad decision in Joe Louis / Jersey Joe Walcott from 1947...

Sports fans and critics never forget.