Why does Jones get a pass for cheating / failed PED tests?

He’s a piece of human garbage. The vast majority of UFC fans can identify with him, that’s why! It’s a trash sport for sure! It attracts the lowest common denominator!

GSP’s legacy is clean. He’s the GOAT.

2 Likes

USADA quietly decided a couple of years ago that their testing standards needed to be adjusted.
So now we have a situation where Jones wouldn’t have failed pre-USADA era and wouldn’t fail now … but has failures because he fought in a period of time where USADA testing was new and strictest.
So how do you judge any of that against GSP who fought his WW career pre-USADA testing and Fedor who fought his prime in Japan with zero testing? I don’t know…

1 Like

I don’t consider him the GOAT especially because of his PED fiasco.
And sure, PED‘s are spread widely, so per se that isn’t the problem why he isn’t the goat.

The problem is and thats what’s the unfair thing about it…
The ufc protected him with most absurd excuses! From the pulsing fairy tale, snorting cocaine with tainted creatine, moved an entire event to another state to get a fight license etc etc …

And it’s a difference if you a new upcoming fighter who pops for something in the usada time or if you are a champion and superstar, who a) can afford stuff hard to detect and b) too that, gets unbelievable protection from the ufc and even usada!
That’s just shady as fuck → But I am not suprised at all by the ufc for that.

The point is USADA made it an unlevel field for athletes, when in pre-usada times at least everyone could use PED‘s closer to „equally“…

GSP was very likely on PEDs as well.

1 Like

Probably 95% of fighters who have been ranked top 5 have touched PEDs at some point.

If you don’t believe that it’s just because you have never been involved in sports.

Even highschool sports 80% of the guys are taking shit.

Omg, people still say this on this forum?

Say what?

That Fedor is the GOAT?

Well yeah, of course… Because he is.

1 Like

Very likely is not the same as failing a test

Not at all. But lets face it, he doesn’t pass the sniff test and he left right when USADA started

This. Fuck him. You can’t be the goat and do one half the shit he’s done wrong in life and fighting imo

1 Like

Bisping absolutely has to be on that list.

I think Jones has dirt on UFC brass

Maybe but rampage said bisping was on something when they were training together.

I don’t know though maybe rampage was just trying to get ahead of bisping accusing him and maybe because he was using. You never know with this stuff. I think EPO seems like it’s more likely for bisping than Steroids considering his cardio was on another level but his physique was pretty average for a fighter.

He doesn’t, his entire career will always have an asterisk against it. Multiple time drug cheat.

2 Likes