Why does Jones get a pass for cheating / failed PED tests?

Simple question.

Everyone quick to anoint him the goat. Aren’t we forgetting that he’s a cheater? Or do people just not care.

UFC 200

On July 8, 2016, a urine sample from Jones tested positive for two banned substances, clomiphene, an anti-estrogen substance, and letrozole, an aromatase inhibitor, prior to his scheduled championship bout with Cormier at UFC 200. The violation was from an “A” sample collection on June 16, with subsequent testing of the B sample confirming the doping. Both drugs, which are on the World Anti-Doping Agency banned substances list, are described as “hormone and metabolic modulators”, which are not allowed to be used in or out of competition.[242][243]

On August 22, 2017, it was announced that Jones was flagged for a potential doping violation by USADA, stemming from his test sample that was collected on July 28, one day before his rematch against Cormier at UFC 214. He tested positive for Turinabol, an anabolic steroid, and was placed on a provisional suspension as a result of the positive drug test.[29] On September 13, the CSAC announced that it had overturned the result of the fight with Cormier from a KO victory for Jones to a no-contest, after both Jones’s A and B samples tested positive for Turinabol. Jones was also stripped of the title for a third time, and it was then returned to Cormier.[247]

1 Like

I think there is a general idea that most fighters are doing something, and some are better at working the system than others.

But even if you give Jones a “pass”, that doesn’t make him the GOAT.

Fedor is the GOAT.

7 Likes

He doesn’t get a pass from everyone. I can’t consider him goat because of his failed tests. The true goat is gsp.

6 Likes

Agreed. GSP #1

3 Likes

Fedor is the heavyweight goat but didn’t have as perfect a career as guys like GSP

1 Like

Like GSP didn’t cheat :joy::joy:

3 Likes

There’s only a very very small number of fighters I’m comfortable saying are 100% clean

Nick/Nate Diaz
Colby Covington
Fedor
Max Holloway
Askren
Roy nelson lol

That’s at the top of my head. There ain’t a lot

1 Like

$$$

Follow the money.

1 Like

Season 2 Showtime GIF by The L Word: Generation Q

1 Like

Because if you ain’t cheatin’, you ain’t tryin’.

Jon Jones would do anything to win.

3 Likes

Israel Adesanya Sport GIF by UFC

Izzy has a tit ….GSP greased … Connor takes time off broken leg becomes Jacked as fuck. They all fuck around in someway .

4 Likes

GIF by Adult Swim

Winners find a way to prevail. Losers complain about rules and game.

Do you want it? Are you willing to do steroids? No? Then you don’t want it enough, the other guy is willing to do it. So does he not deserve it more?

1 Like

I had to edit it . I meant to say they all in someway .

Colby is on EPO

Fedor was juiced to the hilt.

1 Like

You can pretend everyone is as il/legitimate as everyone else, but that’s delusional. Whatever your feelings tell you, there are guys who have been caught, there are guys who never popped for anything, and then there is one guy who was caught by USADA and allowed to compete with shit in his system.

The guys who have popped should have an asterisk. If the fact that they got caught cheating doesn’t matter to you, then the asterisks won’t either. You can pretend that your favorite cheater was just as legit as someone without an asterisk because of feelings, and people who feel similarly will agree, while those who care about legit competition will ignore your delusions, and the names with asterisks.

1 Like

No he’s not

Just because you’re not jacked doesn’t mean you’re not on shit. Josh Barnett failing multiple tests is proof of that

2 Likes

Bisping. Mark hunt