Why does wrestling end!!??

My season's over now, just missed my last day of practice because of a fever. This blows. Why is it that wrestling just ends after school ends for the most part. Yeah, there are some places to wrestle outside of school but they are so few and far between its ridiculous. There are pretty much NO good martial arts school near me either. I'd be up for no gi submission or bjj but there's none of that. There's some judo/japanese ju jitsu but I hate the gi. I think its a big pain in the ass. Its not fun, I can't stand having some guy ripping on my goddamn clothes while I'm trying to wrestle. Gi's are ridiculous anyway- its like a grown man in pajamas. I know other people like them, but I really don't. Even did judo for a while but its just not the same. Sorry just had to vent a little bit. I can't stand just sitting home not being able to train/see the team, etc.

I would suggest you give training with the GI a chance. Yes you will find that guys can simply grab your clothes and work you a bit, but in the end you will be better for it. AKA-more technical.

gi sux......

"hate the gi. I think its a big pain in the ass. Its not fun, I can't stand having some guy ripping on my goddamn clothes while I'm trying to wrestle."

Well, I like both, but gi training is more realistic. Is being semi-naked the norm in your area?

Wrestler's do most of their training with regular t-shirt and shorts on, not singlets, so why is that unrealistic?

I'd say it's more realistic.

I have a wrestling class that people can take year round

Did you qualify for districs or regionals?

The team I coach has a wrestling club year round. We are finishing our season in about 3 weeks, and then 2 weeks later we start club up again. check out Intermatwrestle.com for wrestling info.
-mendelson

The gi will make you a better grappler. Trust me I know.

when my kids wrestling season ends, i teach the team bjj til summer