Why Doesn't Hector Lombard Get Title Shot?

Lombard should be getting next shot... Dude is the man. Phone Post 3.0

"He destroyed Nate Marquardt"

After Ellenberger did it just as easily.

" he retired Jake Shields from the UFC"

He layed and prayed Jake for 3 rounds after Ellenberger one-punched him.

Where was Ellenberger's title shot?

Needs a couple more quality wins. Phone Post 3.0

orcus - "He destroyed Nate Marquardt"

This! 2 wins in a division shouldn't warrant you a title shot. Phone Post 3.0

he retired jake shields from the ufc? lol
last i heard shields was cut cuz he has a very boring style also palhares was coming of a loss before he fought lombard and marquardt was coming of two losses before him and hector fought so he hasnt exaclty been beating killers

Can he speak English or talk shit really well? Phone Post 3.0

BirdWatcher -
Blunted Ninja - Can he speak English or talk shit really well? Phone Post 3.0
Check him out on Adam Hunters podacast, guys very entertaining IMO. Phone Post 3.0
Yea you're right. Forgot about that. I don't remember seeing any UFC features on him. Phone Post 3.0

orcus - "He destroyed Nate Marquardt"

or where was Jake Shields shot?after he took that Ellenberger fight after dad died,he went 4 in a row,beating Maia and Woodley before Macdonald did.plus he has the most wins vs the UFC's top 10

Champion : Robbie Lawler
1 Johny Hendricks
2 Rory MacDonald
3 Tyron Woodley
4 Carlos Condit
5 Matt Brown
6 Hector Lombard
7 Kelvin Gastelum
8 Demian Maia
9 Tarec Saffiedine
10 Dong Hyun Kim
he beat Woodley,Condit,Maia and finished the Champ in round 1

Pitbull3744 - NO one wants a piece of Lombard. He will be undefeated at WW. Unless someone can LNP him no one beats him.

He has had some great wins but he hasn't fought the elite of the elite yet.

The Okami fight was bad because it showed he can be too passive and unable to pull the trigger when he needed to. He did in the 3rd but it was too late.

If he fights Rory there's a good chance it could happen again.

Until he fights top competition in 5 round fights its hard to say where he's at.

He should NOT be fighting Burkman though. What a waste.

Too bad hector and Lawler are teammates, i would love to see them fight the winner of hendricks/rory. Phone Post 3.0

Pitbull3744 -
tetris - Too bad hector and Lawler are teammates, i would love to see them fight the winner of hendricks/rory. Phone Post 3.0
I respect Hector for not wanting to fight Robbie Phone Post 3.0
On the contrary, iirc, Lombard said he IS willing to fight Robbie if it came down to it for the title. Phone Post 3.0

mmanhb 213 -
Pitbull3744 -
tetris - Too bad hector and Lawler are teammates, i would love to see them fight the winner of hendricks/rory. Phone Post 3.0
I respect Hector for not wanting to fight Robbie Phone Post 3.0
On the contrary, iirc, Lombard said he IS willing to fight Robbie if it came down to it for the title. Phone Post 3.0
Yup. Lombard will fight him for a title, no problem. Phone Post 3.0

BirdWatcher - 

If we can pretend that the UFC rewards fighters based on performance then Rory is the guy IMO. Hector is awesome and I'm a fan of him and his style but in no way does he deserve it more if you look at his record.

Can you imagine what Rorys critics would be saying if he had loses to mid tier guys the equivelant of Tim Boescht or Okami? He'd get flamed to no end and it would come up every time Rorys name was mentioned. Hectors loss to Okami isn't too bad but again I feel that if Rory had a loss to a guy thats now been cut it would be as arguement used against him very often, same sort of angle would be used to discredit a win against Sheilds.

Rory has 2 losses, the former Interm champ and the current champ, absolutely no way that you can hold something against losing to guys at that level and IMO both those fights were competitive showings.

As far as marketing ability I'd say it's a wash. Both guys come of great in interviews, both seem to be genuine in who they are without resorting to some sort of character, Rory has the Canadian fans and Hector has the fan base who like the scary figure. Rory said he'd fight Hector and I'm sure Hector would say the same back. Both guys are top WW but I say Rory has done more to earn it and I'd put my money on the Canadian if they ever fought.

Hector lost close fights to a top 5 guy in Okami and was apparently injured against Tim..... and those were at a highter weight. 

Nate Diaz lost to Rory and DHK at WW and got a title shot in one of the most stacked divisions after 3 LW wins. 

Machida and Frankie were champs but when they went down a class they got title shots quick, Frankie even coming off two losses

Its crazy to me you discredit Hectors MW losses and they go on to say Rory losing twice at WW is no big deal. 

Nate Diaz vs hector would be amazing. Potential to be another Diaz/Daley type fight. Phone Post 3.0

Lombard is THE beast at ww. Phone Post 3.0

he'll get his shot if he doesn't lose to Burkman (or possibly the fight after). He brings a 'killer aura' that not many have. I remember Boetsch sounding like he was still scared of Lombard in the press conference after he 'won' their fight.

Shy Guy -

Because Lombard has the cardio of Andre the Giant. He is super explosive and can knock anyone out in the first round but if someone is able to weather the storm he is very beatable. I wouldn't mind seeing him in a number one contender fight after Burkman but as of right now, Rory and Hendricks are ahead of him.

No one weathers the storm of Showweather. Phone Post 3.0

now that I think of it... it's difficult to schedule a title fight in locations like Boston (snow), Las Vegas (heat, dryness), and Brazil (humidity, occasional thunderstorms) when you know one combatant might pull out of the fight and the other is guaranteed to be there. Lawler could easily pull out at the last minute at any of these or many other locations and the UFC would still be on the hook for Lombard's substantial show (no pun intended) money for a cancelled fight. Not good business.

burner22 - Nate Diaz vs hector would be amazing. Potential to be another Diaz/Daley type fight. Phone Post 3.0
The better fight would be with nock diaz. He would ragdoll nate more than rory did. Phone Post 3.0