Why Homeowners Are Struggling To Afford Monthly Expenses

Interesting. Key takeaways IMO.

1. Cumulative inflation is high. The disinflation trend is nothing to to brag about.
  2. Inflation for home ownership has soared well beyond the CPI or the PCE indices.
  3. Part of the “disinflation” trend is the fact that people have less disposable income now on other items because life’s basics (food, shelter) are consuming greater percentages of people’s incomes.
  4. It’s amazing how retarded people are when it comes to home ownership and retirement. Really finances in general.
3 Likes

This

1 Like

I am jaded on this topic. If you live in a desirable market, prices are completely out of control. You sort of have to be grandfathered in unless you are making great money. I don’t understand how so many are affording 1.3M homes with insane property tax rates, insurance, maintenance, and renovations. Are most ppl in just profound credit card debt? is that even possible to be hundreds of thousands in debt lol

2 Likes

one of the smartest quotes ive heard in my life: debt has nothing to do with income. people that go broke are idiots. i feel for them, but they are still idiots.

1 Like

then go somewhere affordable and make it desireable! these high demand locations didnt start out great, people saw the potential and invested.

1 Like

The media sells them a hollow kardasian lifestyle, they leverage common sense to get as much of a taste of that life as they can, they end up poor.

1 Like

This is the complaint i hear a lot where i live now. Central Texas. It was affordable, became desirable and now is unaffordable for locals.

Im surprised people are still posting in this wasteland

2 Likes

We’re just waiting for the lights to go out. Either because the OG is closed, or someone couldn’t afford to pay the electric bill that month. It’s all the same to us either way

This Is Fine GIF

2 Likes